Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took off the SVS windshield (2001) to paint it and now when I try to reinstall it, I can't get the rubber things to go into the two front holes of the body (right above the running light). Quite frustrating, is there a special way to do this??

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
mmmattc said:
I took off the SVS windshield (2001) to paint it and now when I try to reinstall it, I can't get the rubber things to go into the two front holes of the body (right above the running light). Quite frustrating, is there a special way to do this??
make sure you are not trying to do it with the bolt in it. Also, put a little saliva around the rubber nut thing, and work it in slowly. Just like other things in life, a little spit and big things fit into tight holes, when you have trouble getting them in. LOL ;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hrm, so do I put the windshield in place, then lube up the hole and work the rubber thing through both the body and the windshield? I tried this process with WD40 for almost an hour and it didnt work well....

Should I try it again? Didn't know it was this difficult.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
mmmattc said:
Hrm, so do I put the windshield in place, then lube up the hole and work the rubber thing through both the body and the windshield? I tried this process with WD40 for almost an hour and it didnt work well....

Should I try it again? Didn't know it was this difficult.
yeah, the rubber things go in, through the holes, and then expand as they are tightended. You can try putting just a thread or two of the bolt to help push it in. I wouldn't use WD 40, because it may being absorbed by the rubber grommet/nut and causing them toswell, thus making it hard to get in. Just use good ol' spit.

Also, make sure you can see through and make sure the holes are all lined up. Good luck bro.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just did it with the screw threaded in a couple threads and lots of saliva. As rediculous as it sounds it worked like butter, took about 30 seconds each screw!! Haha who woulda thunk, thanks alot man!

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
mmmattc said:
Just did it with the screw threaded in a couple threads and lots of saliva. As rediculous as it sounds it worked like butter, took about 30 seconds each screw!! Haha who woulda thunk, thanks alot man!
Glad it worked well for ya bro. You can also use that bit of knowledge in other areas in life too.....spit always helps get big things in tight holes........that, and nothing grows in the desert. ;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hahah cheers to that! ;D

·
Registered
449 Posts
DougZ said:
............that, and nothing grows in the desert.  ;)
If you spit on it will it grow. ;D :p ;)

Grav.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts