Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
I got my security torx bits at Harbor Freight, they work fine for how infrequently I use them.

I don't know exactly where you plan on putting the ignition, I suspect the easiest way will be to unplug it, put it where you want it, then route the wire to it as well as you can.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I got mine at HF as well and they worked great considering I'm probably only gonna need em once. Keep us posted on where you're gonna relocate your ignition switch. I wanna do the same thing as I'll then be able to pull my headlight quite a bit closer to the triple tree.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok so here it is... Removed it and bolted 2 flat brackets to the ignition where the star bolts were. Next I wrapped the flat brackets around the frame. I wasn't sure if t was safe drill into the frame so I used jb weld on it.... Kinda looks bad right now but I'm going to sand the Jb weld down and paint it the color of the frame. It holds really nicely and it's out of the way

Sent from my Motorcycle iPod touch app

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Check out Zuki's build. Post #6 to be specific. This is exactly what I followed to move my ignition securely to the RIGHT side of the frame. No job weld, just bolts.

http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98087&highlight=zuki

Tips: lift tank. Remove entire airbox. On the right side there is a small electrical unit being held in with 2 bolts, take those out. Make identical brackets with the groove cut as pictured. Install brackets and electrical unit, install ignition to other end of brackets with nuts and bolts. You will need to free the ignition wires from the bundle.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Ah. Didn't see your pictures until afterwards. I see you have a 1st gen. Lol disregard previous post sorry bud!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Not a problem! His looks alot neater than mine lol I don't have a ton of tools right now and I'm pretty happy the way it turned out... Would it be bad to drill into the frame though just for future reference?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPod touch app

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.