Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
For get all those parts and just paint it yellow and call it a day.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
Put him onto Thorsten Durbahn and see what happens next :hug: That Arata exhaust is just pure sex, I fitted their 999 exhaust a while back to a mate's bike and it was nice, but not that nice...

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
That man is spending an outrageous amount of money on that bike i'm sure.
People do that with Ducatis. There was a Monster S4RS at the Duc shop in Austin that was being sold by the owner (I forget the word for it). The guy must have put as much money into it as he had originally paid for the bike (exhaust, cosmetic stuff, even mirrors ordered from Italy that cost $50 just for the shipping).

It had something like 1200 miles on it.

Ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Just another sportbike with fancy parts.

Never could see the big deal and worship over Duc's as so many do.

They're getting to be a dime a dozen like a GSX-R around these parts....kinda boring.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Not my thing, but nice work.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Just another sportbike with fancy parts.

Never could see the big deal and worship over Duc's as so many do.

They're getting to be a dime a dozen like a GSX-R around these parts....kinda boring.
I am with you to a point on this one, but the monsters have always had a soft spot in my heart. I introduced my friend to them bout a month ago and he bought one last thursday!

·
Registered
225 Posts
That is totally awesome, but I can't help but hate the guy lol. It just bugs me that a bike that expensive isn't good enough stock, and he hasn't even ridden it yet! IDK it just seems like all those mods would be worth it AFTER you've put some miles on the bike, so you can compare before and after.

·
BANNED!!!
4,805 Posts
It's nice to see he's doing the work himself. Ya know? Not some poser trying to make up for the lack of girth in his pants. A true enthusiast.

·
Iron Butt Moderator
9,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And he's clearly never even ridden it...

He rode it home in November I think from the purchase and then he said he rode it yesterday to check out the pipe and the suspension.

He's in Northern Wisconsin so obviously in 3 months time there hasn't been ample opportunity to ride up here.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Ducati's are just sexy.

Such a nice bike in such a cold state with such a long winter - he is clearly keeping himself busy though.

Are you going to take it for a spin? :vroom:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Definitely appreciate the effort and love. Never been a big ducati fan.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts