Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2005 naked SV650. I picked up a pair of stock mirrors since the bike came with one bar end mirror.

What is the right positioning for the mirrors? I am a new rider and have no idea how they are supposed to be aligned. If someone can point me to an online source of instructions that would be most appreciated.

Also, what is the nut tightening sequence? I quickly figured out things should be done in some kind of order, because adjusting one nut loosens something else I just tightened. So, I thought I'd ask here rather than dicking around with it for hours re-inventing the wheel, when I don't even know how they are supposed to be oriented and yes I did use the search function and yes I do know the mirror should be facing me not forward.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
802 Posts
Re: ho to install stock mirrors

You just have to see what works best for you. on my S model, i have to tuck my elbow in everytime I go to look at them. Not too big of a deal. I usually tun my head to look before I turn anyway.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
screw them in as far as you can. If they're not facing to you, then unscrew it a little bit until is facing you, that's where you use the nut to make it tight and keep it in place.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Yeah, I've got them ON the bike, I'm talking about adjusting for optimum rear view visibility. Ya know, so I can see what's behind me without going into contortions...

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
If you can see your shoulders in all thier resplendent glory, then you have them on right.

Stock mirrors are about useless.

·
Registered
334 Posts
lol... i dont think you should be riding a motorcycle if you cant put mirros on.. its 4 bolts.
if it looks funny, switch em.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol... i dont think you should be riding a motorcycle if you cant put mirros on.. its 4 bolts.
if it looks funny, switch em.
lol I don't think you should have a license if you can't READ.

They are on the bike, I asked about ADJUSTING them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
For max visibilty past my elbows/shoulders I have mine adjusted so the main bar of each mirror is at 90 degrees to the centerline of the bike, which puts the glass parts as far apart as possible. The only Issue I have is bumping them from time to time as I exit the 32 inch wide doorway of my shed. For my storage situation bar end mirrors would not get thru the door.

Paladin

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For max visibilty past my elbows/shoulders I have mine adjusted so the main bar of each mirror is at 90 degrees to the centerline of the bike, which puts the glass parts as far apart as possible. The only Issue I have is bumping them from time to time as I exit the 32 inch wide doorway of my shed. For my storage situation bar end mirrors would not get thru the door.

Paladin
THANK YOU Paladin :thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts