Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just picked up a ’15 Gladdie, and something something ugly headlight something something round headlight.
I picked up a 7” round headlight from revzilla, and ordered a set of 41mm fork-mount headlight brackets.
I just got them in the mail, and realized they are a 1-piece design. As in I cannot slip them around the forks without taking the top-triple off (afaik). I could order a 2-piece design; but I much prefer the look of the 1-piece, and I was planning on knocking this out this weekend.
How difficult is it to get to a point where I could simply slide the bracket onto the forks? Think a ring on a finger.
I am confident in my mechanical abilities, and I have tools. I’m just trying to figure out if this will be a Sunday afternoon project, or a every night after work for a week project.

Below is an image of the brackets I got. Thanks in advance for any help you all can provide Ride safe

·
Super Moderator
8,162 Posts
unbolt the top triple (big nut and 2 screws on the fork clamp side). lift up. install brackets. reinstall (torque to spec)

you should be done in 5 minutes or so

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
unbolt the top triple (big nut and 2 screws on the fork clamp side). lift up. install brackets. reinstall (torque to spec)

you should be done in 5 minutes or so
awesome, thanks man. that’s what i was hoping to hear. you have any idea what size socket i’d need for the big center nut? i have a feeling it would require some crazy 3/4” drive socket, probably be better off using smooth jaw channel-locks or something.
are there any special tools required? i’ve looked through the manual, it doesn’t seem to give the fastener sizes for most of the work

1 - 4 of 4 Posts