Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking going from a 650 to a 1000 snorkel so I would get better induction noise and a delkevic exhaust. I really like the looks of the 8" (200mm) shorty but with it being so short will it burn up my valves with lack of back pressure?

I read 75 pages of the 200 page delkevic thread and didn't exactly find an answer to the back pressure question maybe if I had read the other 125 I would of got there. But I did read that on deceleration there will be back firing will that hurt the bike at all?

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
It's going to be loud even at idle. I have a danmoto and walk my bike out of my underground parking garage if any of my neighbours are there with their kids (infants). Even at idle I'll spike car alarms.

·
Registered
444 Posts
If you live at a lower altitude the SV1000 snorkel will cause a loss of low end power. You could just remove your stock snorkel to try it out. Also your 2007 might have a cat in the pipe which could give you some back pressure. If you are getting a Delkevic you need to cut off the pipe about a 1/2 longer than Delkevic says, otherwise you will cut into the cat.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
But Loud pipes save lives...right?
Totally. My friend's dad's uncle's cousin twice removed knows a guy who's bookie dated this hooker whose ex boyfriend was in a horrible accident and lost all of his limbs... We call him Bob cuz he likes chillin in the pool. Anyway, the EMT's said he would have been killed if it weren't for his loud pipes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Totally. My friend's dad's uncle's cousin twice removed knows a guy who's bookie dated this hooker whose ex boyfriend was in a horrible accident and lost all of his limbs... We call him Bob cuz he likes chillin in the pool. Anyway, the EMT's said he would have been killed if it weren't for his loud pipes.

Too funny!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Louder... remove the snorkel and run a stainless steel constructed slip on without any packing in it and a minimum 30% reduction in length. For additional bass, hog out the collector real good.. all that factory sound deadening baffling is a flow killer and reduces noise output.

If you're feeling like a superdouche, just buy a Yoshi connector/mid-pipe and no can. That's loud as f*ck.

·
Registered
540 Posts
LOLOLOLOL haha that was good. In my opinion, louder = earplugs. Don't forget that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts