Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some new progrips, tooks the old ones off, and managed to get the first one on the left side, but the throttle isn't even close. I'm killing myself trying to work these things up the throttle tube, and I just can't get it more than halfway.

What am i doing wrong? I'm not even using glue (These things aren't going ANYWHERE if i can ever get them on!)

Thanks

·
Registered
326 Posts
Go get some of the old ladies hair spray and soak the inside of the grip with it. Slide grip on and let dry.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
lube them up with WD-40 and they slip right on, the next day they are rock solid and ready to go!!!

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
warm soapy water :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Ohh I don't know about that. :eek:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha, ok I'm a dumbass.
But using "glue" to lubricate something isn't entirely intuitive, is it?

and lots of good info in this thread now. So other dumbasses can reference it later. :)

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
grip glue is crappy... just use safety wire if they are slipping

G

·
0 Posts
When i bought new grips for my nighthawk, My mechanic told me to put warm soapy water on the insides of the grips AND on the bars themselves, that way they dont act as a squeegee, oh and he also said to let them sit for a couple hours so they don't slip.
Hope that helps. :D

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Gilfy650a said:
When i bought new grips for my nighthawk, My mechanic told me to put warm soapy water on the insides of the grips AND on the bars themselves, that way they dont act as a squeegee, oh and he also said to let them sit for a couple hours so they don't slip.
Hope that helps. :D
]

yes, lube male and female parts :lol:

·
Registered
197 Posts
AvidSV650Rider said:
Used compressed air, it works best.
What he said. Works equally well at taking them off.

·
Registered
336 Posts
we always used spray paint. spray it in the grip and slide it on. works as lube and when dry, like glue. i always safety wire my grips. just incase, plus gives a nice trick look.

·
Registered
324 Posts
RoostMonkey said:
+1 on hairspray, safety wire if they slip.
+1. Works great, same with compressed air.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts