Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,477 Posts
If you know of any specific two-terminal electronic relays that work with all four flashers converted to LED that are also commonly stocked at most auto parts stores, please post them up. That is what I wanted to use, but after poking around the internet for awhile, it seemed that the commonly stocked two-terminal relays would only work if two of the four flashers were LED.
I know $28 is more than $13, but this is the simplest solution for those us who "plug and pray".

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suzuki-Flasher-Relay-LED-Signal-Light-7-pins-GSX650F-TL1000R-SV-650-1000-S-/200719203057?hash=item2ebbcbfaf1&item=200719203057&pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr#ht_4225wt_1026

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
was wondering in your write-up you mentioned that this won't work for front and rear LED turn signals...

Im trying to make all my signals blink evenly and not 70mph like they are now. and I want to be sure by adding one relay that front and back signals will behave how they should.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
was wondering in your write-up you mentioned that this won't work for front and rear LED turn signals...

Im trying to make all my signals blink evenly and not 70mph like they are now. and I want to be sure by adding one relay that front and back signals will behave how they should.
It'll work with both front and rear LEDs.

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
also, do I need one of them, per set of lights, or just one module period? Sorry if this was stated previously, I skimmed over the post a bit and didnt see any mention

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm pretty sure the wiring is set up so it sends the power through all the signals simultaneously so the one relay takes care of it.

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
Any bike w/a frame that includes aluminum and steel such as the SV should NOT be grounded thru the frame as this can induce galvanic corrosion between the two dissimilar metals. Ground to the battery or a known ground wire in the harness to avoid this.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I hate getting so late to this posts and finding no pictures to guide me through this process ? nonetheless, very well explained, I should be able to make it without the pictures

·
Registered
47 Posts
Great topic! Thank you!
Does someone knows if it works in the 3rd gen?

If I take a 2 pole relay, will it work?

Thank you!

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got a 2006 SV650 With this same set up, Worked perfect. I only had LED flush mount front blinkers at the time. i Replaced the Rears with LED's and Wired the Front side makers(ones on headlight assembly. that i changed to a LED) to the Side Blinkers. So i have a lot of LED's on the front wiring. The bike will flash what ever side i choose for a few then it will stop. No lights flat. Relay doesn't click, Blinker Indicator is very dim(Not flashing). Also to note, I replaced the LED Relay with a new one, it did the same thing. I returned it, Talked with the parts store, They said to wire in a Load Equalizer to the fronts to help with the load? Any thoughts? I'm just thinking i have to much going on, on the front.

EDIT: I wired the LED System up to the Stock relay and all works perfect. Gonna save the Equalizer for a later project! Sorry to revive such an old post.

·
Registered
205 Posts
3rd gen uses a general 3 pole relay, i found it out yesterday, thank you!
Not sure where you got this information, but my 2016 3rd gen. SV uses a 2-pin relay, that I replaced with an electronic one when I switched to led blinkers.
2nd gen. SVs used a 3-pin relay.

On a side note for the OP: for a small amount of time I run a hybrid configuration, led blinkers front, bulb ones rear. With this configuration the original (electromechanical) relay worked flawlessly, allowing the correct blink time for both led and bulb light.
When I replaced the rear bulb blinkers with led ones it stopped working, not allowing any blink (lights stayed on all the time): eventually I had to replace it with an electronic relay.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Lol, i saw a picture of the relay on the internet by searching the part number.
I'll disassembly my bike to ensure if it is 2 poles or 3 poles and I'll post the results later.

I have this pic for now:

Thank you!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts