Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ton of broken motorcycle pieces from crashes and just lying around... is there a 'good' way to dispose of them?

I know plastic pieces such as a windshield I can just throw in the dumpster, but what about a brake caliper?

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
Where my parents used to live, you could put anything you didn't want out on the curb the night before trash day. Anything of any value would be gone before the sun came up the next day.

·
very big dumb
9,066 Posts
Where my parents used to live, you could put anything you didn't want out on the curb the night before trash day. Anything of any value would be gone before the sun came up the next day.
this. scrappers are huge in the city and will take anything metal and used batteries. They get their $2 for crack, you save a trip to the scrap-yard.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Scrap yard and recycling hubs.

But, I've been taught not to get rid of everything, and the garage reflects that. I have plastics that I've repaired (found out I'm dang good with fiberglass) and parts that are still wounded, but parts that have been repaired for possible reuse for myself or friends...especially for those temporary fixes until the bankroll can cover a new one. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
The pay it forward thread ???

But than on the other hand, I tried to get rid of my old calipers and no takers.

My buddy collects metal trash so when he goes the recycler he gets my stuff.

Scrap yards are interesting places to me, I can dig around there for hours.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm pretty sure no one wants a brake caliper that is split in half :p If someone wants it though I'll be more than happy to ship it out.

I live in an apt complex so I could throw pretty much whatever I want into the dumpster.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts