Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed my Two Bros slipon on my D675 and asked my dealer to upload the Triumph Off Road tune to smooth things out after installing the slipon. Well my D675 has a squeak and from what I've read is that the intake flap is causing the squeak when it opens and closes. The TOR tune is supposed to keep the flap open at all times; which means the dealer did not upload the tune and charged me $45 for no reason. I went back and they insisted that they uploaded the tune and not to trust what people on the internet say. Thinking I should talk to the service manager and maybe Triumph HQ about what exactly the TOR tune does. I'm just upset that I paid for a service that wasn't performed.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Take it somewhere else, have them verify current state of tune (without telling them any background on the bike!) If it comes back as a factory tuned bike, go back to your original dealer with the results requesting a refund ( including the verification costs), and never go back there.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
That sounds like good advice.

The internet is the best place for advice, hands down.

:D

·
Registered
350 Posts
Punch them in the throat...... Sound advice if I ever heard it. HA HA

I find the people on my brand specific boards know more about that specific bike then the service people do.

Call Triumph and find out what they say. Most good brands will even directly call their service dept and tell them to redo something for your sake of mind free of charge....

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm gonna give Triumph a call and then schedule another appointment with a different dealer to verify the tune. I just wanna go there and punch the guy in the throat.

·
Registered
43 Posts
screw all that, chomp down on his throat until you crush his wind pipe!

in all seriousness, Chan, buy a tuneboy.
get good tunes online on D675 specific message boards, and you'll have nothing to worry about.

Dealers are obsolete, and they know it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
So I installed my Two Bros slipon on my D675 and asked my dealer to upload the Triumph Off Road tune to smooth things out after installing the slipon. Well my D675 has a squeak and from what I've read is that the intake flap is causing the squeak when it opens and closes. The TOR tune is supposed to keep the flap open at all times; which means the dealer did not upload the tune and charged me $45 for no reason. I went back and they insisted that they uploaded the tune and not to trust what people on the internet say. Thinking I should talk to the service manager and maybe Triumph HQ about what exactly the TOR tune does. I'm just upset that I paid for a service that wasn't performed.
Are you sure that the "squeak" that you are hearing isn't the "triple whistle"?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
screw all that, chomp down on his throat until you crush his wind pipe!

in all seriousness, Chan, buy a tuneboy.
get good tunes online on D675 specific message boards, and you'll have nothing to worry about.

Dealers are obsolete, and they know it.
Believe me, I want a tuneboy, but there is nobody in SoCal that tunes the tuneboy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts