Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
very big dumb
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me preface this with saying that I'm a-ok except a bit of a bruise on my shoulder and some odd suit-rash (suit rubbed on me while protecting me from the road)

This was a dumbass move on my part. Mostly because it worked twice in the qualifier against XRs I thought i could get him there. I will need to be more careful about where to pass. Also didn't expect him to brake quite so early (he had like 10 more yards before he needed to brake)

I thought I could make the pass, but ran out of space and clipped the riders back tire under full brakes. This sent me and the bike for a frontflip. The bike literaly was wheels-up tank down at one point. I landed and rolled. Didn't get my bell rung despite the head impact (thanks scorpion exo), popped right back up and pushed the bike away. They didn't even need to red-flag the race despite that it was a spectacular off.
The contour disconnected from my helmet during the impact and as it rolled away took some funky video. Btw, what the contour video looks like in real-time after the hit is roughly what I saw through my visor: ground sky bike ground sky

since I couldn't figure out how to slowmotion it, i just saved some stills:

damage to me: minimal because it's minigp, this is roughly like falling off a bicycle wearing full leathers and fullface.
damage to NSR: some minor scuffs, a couple broken small parts. ~$200

if this were big track? i'd be in the hospital and the bike would be a total loss.

Long live mini!

·
very big dumb
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
gear:
a*s one-piece (the cheap one)
scorpion exo 700
knox recons (i'm quite sure the scaphoid protection saved me a broken shoulder)
teknic chicane boots
ufo back protector

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Creepy, looks like you're falling from the sky:

The more I see of it, the more I want in on some mini gp action. There used to be an indoor league in my area, helped the winters pass.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Is is bad that I laughed? :icon_biggrin:

Glad you're ok, though. Looks like fun!

I can definitely see how you didn't expect him to brake. That's racing, I guess. :vroom:

·
Registered
847 Posts
Holy crap dude, glad you're ok. That was ugly as hell for what it was. Obviously could have been a whole lot worse. Glad you can look back and laugh :)

·
very big dumb
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Holy crap dude, glad you're ok. That was ugly as hell for what it was. Obviously could have been a whole lot worse. Glad you can look back and laugh :)
looks a lot worse than it really was. blame the fisheye on the camera.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts