Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you can see in the pic's below my exhaust was in need of serious cleaning. The previous owner never cleaned the exhaust as far as I can tell so it was my job to restore it back to as new looking as possible.

I used the following items to restore my exhaust to 95% brand new looking condition.

Brasso (You can find this at pretty much any store that sells cleaning products. Its usually near the detergent)

Schotch Brite Scoring Pad Heavy Duty (Found these at walmart for about 3 bucks)

Schotch Brite Scoring Pad No Scratch (Found these at walmart for about 3 bucks)

Steel Wool #0000 (Found this at home depot for about 3 bucks)

Some nitrate gloves (Free from work)

A few microfiber towels (These can be found most car places, the one in the pic was after I was done)

First I tried the Steel Wool#0000 and the brasso but it was not doing a **** thing. I then tried the no scratch and nothing. I then tried the Heavy Duty pad and it started removing all the stuff that was on the pipe like it was nothing.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Re: How to clean and polish your exhaust

After cleaning the brasso with some water and a microfiber there was some very light macro maring. I then took the no scratch pad and some more brasso and polished the pipes more. After that the micro maring was almost gone. I then took the steel wool #0000 and more brasso and that almost removed all the micro maring. There is a bit micro maring left and its only noticalbe if you are right on top of the pipes.

I washed the bike to get all the brasso off that might be still on the bike and here is the end result.

Outside

I only used the steel wool and brasso on the muffler. I would not use anything else on the muffle or it will scratch the muffler a little bit. The 0000 steel wool and brasso on the muffler removed all the crap that was on it and polished it up great!

Night and day difference

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: How to clean and polish your exhaust

looks good, but unless you really keep after it it's going to look like those before pics by the end of the summer
OOO I'll be on top of it. It will be easy to keep clean now. I'll just polish it every wash. The hardest part was the pipe that went into the head closest to the front wheel. The other pipes where a wipe down in comparison.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.