Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Some of you may know that my track bike took a tumble a few days ago. I am debating between attempting to get it fixed at a shop or just get another used track only bike for cheap.

I think the damage is mostly cosmetic .. fairing .. tail .. tank .. rearset, but need to check if the bike's frame / fork / wheels ( anything else in general that needs to be straight ) is indeed straight.

What is the best way to do this ?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
GMD Computrack

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hah .. I guess that reply means this was a noob question and there's no easy at home in your garage way to verify things are straight.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Well, you asked for the "best" way. There may be easier and / or cheaper ways, but Computrack uses a patented, precision instrument to measure straightness. Evaluating this for race bikes is part of their business. IMO, there is no better way.

If you want a DIY option, you can strip the bike and try to measure the frame, yourself. You can also check the runout of the wheels with a dial gauge, pull the fork legs and eyeball them (or disassemble them and roll the upper tubes on a flat surface), etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts