Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love the machine. I've had less than a month and I have no real complaints. Still have the tempo paper license plate too. heh. I put in PIAA extreme white headlights and the quality and amount of light is awesome, but the low beams are WAY too low. :( They cut off like around 50-75 feet in front of the bike, and at at speed, that's too close. The high beams work better but I don't like flipping the switch all the time-shouldn't have to.

I see some funky silver screws/bolts behind the headlight bezel that look like they could be adjustment screws but turning them yields no apparant changes.

There has GOT to be a way, right?! :?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: Can I aim my 2005 650s headlights?? They're way too low!

yes you can aim them i just about asked the same thing but i found it in my sevice manual under chapter 8 page 8/39 i belive if you dont have a manual i saved a copy of the page and enlarged the picture of the adjustment screws and uploaded it to megaupload here is the link

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NK0ARE1W

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
Re: Can I aim my 2005 650s headlights?? They're way too low!

I adjusted mine tonight and what a difference!* *:eek:

Get a small number 1 phillips driver with a 4 inch shank.
Remove the two side panels on your fairing that allow you to get to the back of the headlight.
That last step is unneccesary if you have done this before, but it allows you to see where to put the screwdriver

Now get some painters tape and go to a wall where you can shine your headlight.
Put two small pieces of tape 34 inches high and 4 feet apart.
Put one long piece immediately over the two small pieces,* the two small pieces were to mark an even height.

Move your bike so that it is 15 to 20 feet away and pointing towards the tape.* You have to be level here!

Stick the screwdriver into the hole in the fairing next to the two small panels you removed.
Turn the screw CLOCKWISE and that will raise the headlight top edge.* (Righty-Tighty)
I put the top edge of my light to about 1 inch over the tape
The second light is easier to adjust if you put your hand over the light you already adjusted.
Make sure both lights are set evenly, verify by putting hands over each headlight.

It took almost 4 complete turns for the lights to come up to where they should be.

LET THERE BE LIGHT ... and there was light!* *;D

Another article that explains it well from Motorcyclist Online

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/howto/122_0310_headlight_aiming/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.