Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently done a carb sync (I plan to rejet and everything soon), and I want to check with you guys to see how the bike should "feel" when it's synced properly. Is there a more consistent rhythm or the throttle bodies opening? It's difficult to tell if the carbs open up at the exact same time or not.

My sync tool was homemade: 3/16" ID tubing, 2 preserves jars, sealed with rubber gasket around holes I cut. I didn't have any atf on hand, so I used 2-cycle oil instead. (Would it be a problem if this oil got sucked in?)

I haven't done the ease-of-access mod to sync just yet either.

There are plenty of guides out there, I've done my research. It's hard to tell what you should expect upon completion of syncing.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It seems rough when i'm in the mid/high rpm range. (no cluster so can't tell you what it's at)

What should I check into first?

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
It seems rough when i'm in the mid/high rpm range. (no cluster so can't tell you what it's at)

What should I check into first?
Syncing won't do a ton for you up there. Should idle smoother and give you a little better throttle response getting going but past that it's fairly moot.

If it's rough up high you need to start with your main jet - there is TONS of info on here at the top of the forum in the sticky about what size(s) to try based on your mods.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just synced my carbs with this tool...

I put it on the front throat, read the vacuum, then put it on the rear and adjusted the screw until they matched. I went back and forth to make sure they were as close as I could get them. It measures kg/hr of airflow. Mine were synced at approx. 6 kg/hr. When I first tested them, the front was drawing more than the rear, though I didn't really have a rough idle or anything. Has anyone else had luck with this type of tool?

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I just synced my carbs with this tool...

http://www.amazon.com/43-5712-Unive...5806&sr=1-19&keywords=carburetor+synchronizer

I put it on the front throat, read the vacuum, then put it on the rear and adjusted the screw until they matched. I went back and forth to make sure they were as close as I could get them. It measures kg/hr of airflow. Mine were synced at approx. 6 kg/hr. When I first tested them, the front was drawing more than the rear, though I didn't really have a rough idle or anything. Has anyone else had luck with this type of tool?
This tool for the same price would have saved you a ton of time:
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/vacuum-carburetor-synchronizer-gauge-cylinder/dp/B004MSJ7C8/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1373249717&sr=1-2&keywords=carb+sync[/ame]

I've got one of those and it works great. Don't worry about what the value is as long as it matches both cylinders.

·
Registered
101 Posts
From what I have read, that gauge only saves time if you do the bluepoof vacuum plumbing, which I might do someday, but haven't yet. As an added bonus, this one was borrowed from a coworker, so the net cost was $0. I said earlier I didn't have a rough idle, but I did have a mild backfire at idle that got worse when the bike got warm. After I synced, the backfire is 99% gone. Nothing at idle and only very mild on decel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts