Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 SV 650 and i didnt get a manual with it,im way over due for an oil change,how much oil does my baby take??

Serge
04 Yellow SV650
KN air filter
Zx1100 Muzzy Carbon graphite pipe...machined a flange to fit my baby.
190 Michelin on rear

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
190 rear.. wtf?! :shock:

·
Registered
57 Posts
uhh mind a pic of that 190 rear on yer bike?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Curiousity got the better of me so I had to take a look at my 04 Yellow SV. And just as I thought, to the lower left of the oil inspection window is "2300 ml" :roll: <- that's how much oil you'll need. A bit more with the filter change. :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
ohhh, I wanna see the big tire. :shock:

Yes 2.8 quarts.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Abe Froman said:
............. just as I thought, to the lower left of the oil inspection window is "2300 ml" :roll: <- that's how much oil you'll need. A bit more with the filter change. :)
I was going to say that. It's on all the bikes.

You mean thats not metric for displacement?

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
dhuze said:
Abe Froman said:
............. just as I thought, to the lower left of the oil inspection window is "2300 ml" :roll: <- that's how much oil you'll need. A bit more with the filter change. :)

uhhh...no. 1ml=1cc. Bike's displacement is 650cc (or 650ml, same thing).

Oil capacity without filter change - 2300ml (2.4 quarts)
Oil capacity with filter change - 2700ml (2.9 quarts)

I wanna see that tire, too!

·
Registered
82 Posts
gahdzila said:
dhuze said:

uhhh...no. 1ml=1cc. Bike's displacement is 650cc (or 650ml, same thing).

That is called sarcasm. I'm going to give lessons on it soon. From now on try reading anything I post with sarcasm It works more often than not.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gahdzila said:
dhuze said:
That is called sarcasm. I'm going to give lessons on it soon. From now on try reading anything I post with sarcasm It works more often than not.
:oops: :oops: sorry...now that I read it again, it's pretty obvious :oops: :oops:
w00t time for everyone to STFU :lol: :wink:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OOPS!!

Sorry guys,i hit a 9 instead of an 8,i just realized that now,sorry, i dont have a 190 tire,i have a 180 tire,sorry for the confusion,any wonder you were all hyped up,lol.

Serge

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Re: OOPS!!

SVBarber said:
Sorry guys,i hit a 9 instead of an 8,i just realized that now,sorry, i dont have a 190 tire,i have a 180 tire,sorry for the confusion,any wonder you were all hyped up,lol.

Serge
but still on the stock rim right?

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: OOPS!!

wonderjosh said:
SVBarber said:

Serge
but still on the stock rim right?
Nah, SSA Duc wheel.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Re: 180 tire on SV

SVBarber said:
Stock rim yup!!

Serge
You know that putting a tire that size on the stock rim alters the profile of the tire and makes the bike handle weird, right? You actually end up with less rubber on the road than with the stock 160 because the tire is so pinched on the rim.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Re: 180 tire on SV

wonderjosh said:
SVBarber said:
Stock rim yup!!

Serge
You know that putting a tire that size on the stock rim alters the profile of the tire and makes the bike handle weird, right? You actually end up with less rubber on the road than with the stock 160 because the tire is so pinched on the rim.
When you're turning, yes.

But when you're squidin' it up in a straight line, you got a big ol' contact patch.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Let me ask this question...

So you ask how much oil your bike takes. What will you do if it's not enough - it doesn't make it to the L line in the oil window? I hope you plan on fillin' it to the F line.

My point? It's pointless to ask how much to put in. Put in what the bike wants.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts