Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ladies and gentlemen...

Long story short, but due to a problem with insurance I might be selling my 2005 SV650-S. I just wanted to get an idea from people who know the bikes what I might be able to sell mine for...or if I should part it out.

It's a 2005, 1900mi, never been dropped, runs perfect...

Here are the modifications...

Full Lower Fairing
Rear Cowl (included rear stock seat)
Holeshot High-Mount Slip-on exhaust (black) (included stock exhaust)
Suzuki Gel Seat (included stock seat)
Tinted Double Bubble wind screen (included stock wind screen)
Holeshot fender eliminator with flush mount blinkers
Frame sliders
Bikemaster front flush blinkers (not installed)
TechSpec Tank Grips

I think that's it. Total after parts, tax, shipping, install...I have spent roughly $1,700 on modifications in the few months I have had the bike. I know I'm not going to get all of that money back.

What do you guys honestly think I can get for my bike?

Here are some pics...(not all mods are shown in all of the pics)





 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,333 Posts
mods do not add value to a bike unless you find someone who wants same mods, good luck, prolly worth $5k
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RandyO said:
mods do not add value to a bike unless you find someone who wants same mods, good luck,  prolly worth $5k
Ouch...thanks for the honest answer though! If that was the case I would just part it out and sell it stock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
687 Posts
you will do better $$ if you do. in most cases a modded bike will go for less then stock . though even stock my guess would be 5600-5700ish ,but you might be lucky and find someone , this time of year there are a lot of bikes for sale :-\
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
836 Posts
BlueBalls said:
Ouch...thanks for the honest answer though!  If that was the case I would just part it out and sell it stock.
Yea....you can list the pipe and other aftermarket items in the classified section of this site as well as ebay.

If you don't mind me asking though...what was the problem with your insurance that mandated selling the bike?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ben_JamminVFCC said:
Yea....you can list the pipe and other aftermarket items in the classified section of this site as well as ebay.

If you don't mind me asking though...what was the problem with your insurance that mandated selling the bike?
I forgot I had a point on my record, I thought it had already fallen off my record...so I went in and they quoted me at $1200/yr. I later found out that there was a point from 2002 and it raised my insurance to $2600/yr. :-\
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
It sucks, but you're feeling the full effect of depreciation on a new bike. A brand new '05 can be had all over the place right now for $5500+ fees, and there are a couple places going lower than that. With that in mind, I'd guess that your bike would get about $4800, seeing as how it's Sept. now.

If it were me, I'd put it back to stock, sell the parts here or on Ebay, and sell the bike seperately. If you do this, you could net $5500 or so I'd guess.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,199 Posts
+1 for selling it stock.... then sell off the aftermarket stuff.
You'll definitely get the most back that way, just don't expect to get all your $$$ back.
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
None of my business of course, but how did you finance the bike without full coverage insurance prior to completing the transaction? Alternatively, if you paid cash why keep full coverage on it? Liability-only is substantially cheaper than full coverage; certainly something to consider if it's even an option.

:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,461 Posts
i was able to finance w/o full coverage. Imo, it is moronic to ask someone to pay more in monthly insurance payments than the motorcycle payment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
482 Posts
If you do end up bringing it back to stock, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to come closer to making up the value of the mods. (not fully, but close) I can tell you right now I'd be interested in the lowers, if that helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
Truly sucks,

However, I would shop your insurance, or consider less insurance(your call). There is a huge market here and E-bay for your stuff. I know i am looking, and might be interested in your Holeshot exhaust. I agree sell stock and you will make the most of what you have from a financial standpoint.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
Knee-dragger, if you don't buy the bike outright you have to have full coverage.

If you can go Geico, try em - they wouldn't sell me a policy a year ago but I just switched to them from Progressive and my bike went from 275 -> $118 per yr and my car from 485 to $288, liability only on both of course.

+1 to what everyone else has said about putting it stock and selling the other stuff separately. Only thing you may wanna leave on it is the lowers, but maybe not even them since you could sell them well. GL, selling a new bike sucks cause you lose a lot of money =\
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,607 Posts
Call Pacific Specialty.. 1-800-6McGraw

I pay $330/year for full coverage--with PIP/UIM, if you can get liabitly only you should save a TON even with points on your record.

Dont get rid of the bike, get rid of the insurance company! ;D
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
lkm said:
i was able to finance w/o full coverage.  Imo, it is moronic to ask someone to pay more in monthly insurance payments than the motorcycle payment.
..if you're asking someone else to pay for your toy it's entriely reasonable for them to want protection for their investment; There's nothing moronic about it.

:)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,625 Posts
Red Raevyn said:
Knee-dragger, if you don't buy the bike outright you have to have full coverage.
Through some banks, yes, others, no. My local credit unions do not require it on motorcycles under 10,000$ and I believe Suzuki's financing doesn't even require it. I started with Suzuki's financing (through HSBC) and it was never required, switched to my CU for lower interest rates, and same thing with them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
836 Posts
evilbologna said:
Through some banks, yes, others, no. My local credit unions do not require it on motorcycles under 10,000$ and I believe Suzuki's financing doesn't even require it. I started with Suzuki's financing (through HSBC) and it was never required, switched to my CU for lower interest rates, and same thing with them.
What were the interest rates like on your Suzuki financing if you don't mind me asking?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,625 Posts
Ben_JamminVFCC said:
What were the interest rates like on your Suzuki financing if you don't mind me asking?
9.9% when I bought it (HSBC), now its 4.9% at my local CU.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,092 Posts
Ben_JamminVFCC said:
What were the interest rates like on your Suzuki financing if you don't mind me asking?
I did the same thing, basically. Through Suzuki's bank it was 7.9% and I didn't have to have full-coverage. I transferred the balance of ~$6k to my credit card 9 months later and now only pay 2.9%
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top