Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, just for some background, I am looking to do a GSXR swap on my 06S. I am wanting to do what some of you may consider blasphemy and go to 7/8" bars instead of clip-ons, my back just cant take the low bars anymore. I am also planning to switch to a either a buell or aztec headlight setup so pretty much a naked conversion also..

Anyway, I've been melting the sticky's to find out what parts are compatible and scurrying through ebay to see what is out there. Just honestly curious to see what others have wrapped up in their swaps.

I plan on selling my complete OEM front end and fairing. They are both in great shape, blah, blah, blah. Just hoping to get an idea of what kind of a ball park I may be looking at here.

I am in the middle of a resto project on another bike so this most likely will be once this one is done or even over the winter. I just can't fathom the thought of not having at least one running and ride able bike in the stable.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Too much.. ;)
Just send stock forks to Zoran and have him drop in gsxr internals.
Really quick turn around and much cheaper than AK's
I've done 2 gsxr swaps on two different SV's of mine and I won't do it again.
You can get the front end on the stock forks working really well with his kit.

send email to twfracing.com and he can get you sorted out...

·
Premium Member
3,229 Posts
I have 130$ out of pocket after selling all of my stock goodies from my 08S. I might be interested in your front fairing and filler pieces if and when you do take them off to sell. PM me when that day come.

Wait. Add in another 100$ for a set of propper fork springs for my big ass so make it 230$.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm just getting started collecting parts, but so far I have 225.00 in a set of '04 600 forks, both triples, and two radial calipers, plus two dampers.

Today I picked up a bare front wheel from an '02 1k for 100.00

I have about 75.00 in bearings, seals and fork oil.

I'm just going slow, as parts present themselves.

I'll also be looking to sell my stock front end to offset some of the cost.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Realistically I spent about 1g from start to finish. With eBay items b prepared for leaky fork seals needing replaced. An any wheel under 200$ most likely gona b bent.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I bought my bike with a swap already completed on it. Wish I could provide you info on the cost, sorry. I am very interested to hear about your 7/8" bars. Please keep us up to date on that.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
$600 for complete front end, from wheel with rubber, up to the clipon's with grips. Then another $120 for the new fork brackets and headlight brackets with blinkers for my existing Aztec8 5 3/4 duals. The Vapor and dash were $130, but I received that as a gift from my dad. And the Buell windscreen was $40 on Ebay, and the 26 gauge metal I made the windscreen brackets out of was $18.

I made just over $500 of it back with the sale of my stock parts on this site and Ebay.

·
Registered
596 Posts
$180 forks and lower triple
$25 upper triple from fellow member
$55 brakes
$15 brake bolts from bike bandit
$57 front fender unpainted from delkevic
$19 front fender bolts and washers from bike bandit
$30 front axle
$105 riser clip-ons from danmoto

Grand total: $486