Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious how many full track days some of you A and B level riders are getting out of your Dunlop Sportmax Q2. Do you replace both as a set when its time to go or do 2 rears for every 1 front? I ride with quite a bit of lean angle and my front tire still looks great after 6 track days on a very technical track even as my rear tire looks to be going out real soon. I cant imagine riding another 5 track days on my front tire but it looks likes its in excellent shape. Does that tire really last that long?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I get about 4 or 5......but i ride @ Loudon alot & its murder on tires!

I change em in pairs usually.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
I rode Q2s for 3 wkends and had serious issues with them ! I don't know if TS vendor sold me old pair or what ? I changed to Pirelli SC2s after front washed out on me 3 X and have never had an issue since then personally I would not run them ! I found with the light weight of the SV they were hard to keep heat in . I ran 11 races and 6 TDs on 2 sets of SC2s this year and can still flip them for a couple more ! I lost all confidence in the Dunlops even though riders faster than I'll ever be run them ! JMHO

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
The Q2s were so much better than PP at Jennings. But I don't know how hard you ride. I rode the weekend in Intermediate but did some expert laps. They were done after that. Good for the street but not the track.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I got 4 days out of my Q2's at an advanced track day pace running 30psi front and 28psi rear cold. My rear was almost like a slick on the edges at the end of the 4th day but the front still could've probably ran another 2 days. I always just changed the set. It is not worth it to me to chance having the front washing out on me because I ran too many days on the tire.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've done 4 days on my Q2's + ~2000 street miles. But I run upper B lower I pace -- 30/30 cold. But that includes 2 days at CMP and 2 days at VIR. I could easily do another day -- maybe two, but that's about it.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
With a street tire, I'd pry replace them at 50% life. They aren't meant to work at the high temps you see on the track, and with less rubber on there they are going to act a lot different.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I used mine for 4 track days and they look like they have a few more in them. I run A group @ loudon NHIS. I did chunk a piece of the rear off though, and that alone makes me want to replace them. They performed very well for me. If you know the track I ran a 27.1 and average high 27/28 with them without any issue with traction. Actually, I often scraped pegs before I ever felt uneasy on the tires. My bike is a street bike stock with suspension with a 230lb rider as well. I run them much lower psi than you are saying. Usually about 29f/28r hot. That would be about 23f/22r cold. I don't use a warmer. I think I will stick with the q2 and possibly get a set for my other bike. But, I'm thinking of getting another set of wheels and a DOT for next year if I can find it cheap enough.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.