Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

How many tickets have you gotten on your bike?

Votes: 173 63.6%

Votes: 56 20.6%

Votes: 23 8.5%

Votes: 7 2.6%

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • 5+

Votes: 10 3.7%
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I almost got one the other week, passed a cop going 70 in a 45, he pulled me over but didnt get a clock on me so couldnt give me a ticket ;D.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I haven't gotten any yet, but ive only been riding a little over a year... and im kinda a Mr. Safety when it comes to riding lol.

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
94 in a 60. six month suspension

63 in a 45.

I bought a dual sport to slow down. Now I'm a hooligan :BangHead:

·
Registered
232 Posts
once........67 in a 55....lame as hell. stupid sting operation on the highway, i almost laughed when she told me they had me going 12 over and she was giving me a ticket. of course i took it to court and got it reduced to 5 over and no points.....still had to pay just over $100 fine.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I got caught a almost 2 years ago doing 125 in a 55......Cop wrote me up as 79 in a 55 so 4 points and a nice fine.....

Have had a LOT more tickets in my old turboed cars though......

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
63 in a 35 - Reduced to 40 in a 35, and driving school. Going to work on a backroad, no other cars for miles, cruising. Passed a cop (don't remember seeing him) he turned around, I was a good mile in front of him but pulled over anyways. That got me out of wreckless driving, and evading.

Plate revoked - Plate taken, got a new registration and got thrown out. - insurance companies are dumb.

60 in a 45, illegal passing - Reduced - Back road behind 4 cars the first car was doing 40 in a 45, got fed up and passed them all. One was a cop.

No inspection - Idk how the hell this happened.

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
At about 2am last winter, on my way home from the GF's house in Winston-Salem (100 miles, she lives a lot closer now) I was on the last 25 miles of the ride. It was about 17* out but I had my heated gear plus a fleece layer under my Olympia gear. Anyway, there were no vehicles on the road and I had the throttle wide phucking open, going around 130 indicated. The speed limit is 65. I passed 2 cops in a speed trap... or so it appeared. They might've been sleeping for all I know because neither bothered to ever try and get me. I got off the highway after I was out of their sight and took backroads the rest of the way home.

I figure that any ticket I end up getting will be deserved from that experience.

I have zero so far.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
1 ticket for speeding. My first ticket in close to 15 years.

I was going 46 in a 45mph zone but it just happens to be a school zone and even though there were no children present I got nailed...even though I was going the exact same speed as the cars around me.

$300 + traffic school and I have no points on my record thankfully.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
ZERO ... Rather spend the money on my bike rather than give it to the state.

·
Registered
58 Posts
All my stupidities were committed in cages, trucks several of which were company vehicles,:rolleyes: Let me recommend that as a way to impress employers !
Ed

·
Registered
33 Posts
Only one, and well deserved for riding outside my limits in an angry blowing off steam sort of way, ohh... and on limited sleep. Dumped the bike, and woke up in an ambulance with a ticket on my chest. I fought it under two notions; one, this was quite out of my character, no one was hurt (other than myself, and I got real lucky!) and two, no one ever mentioned my actual speed. "Too fast" was the comment on the ticket." Careless driving was the offense.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Well, I generally get called a liar when I tell people, but the truth is I've had about 30 tickets over the years. Roughly 50/50 on getting one every time I get pulled over, so that's about 60 conversations with the fine men (and women) in blue. :) Split about 50/50 between cars and bikes, and I've been driving for 35 years.

What's irritating is that I really don't go that fast or do crazy stuff. A typical ticket for me an open road, light traffic, good weather, daytime and doing 10-20 over. Usually closer to 10 over than 20. Nothing dangerous.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Number of tickets: 1 (Following too close)
Number of tickets beaten: 1
Number of times I should have been ticketed: :evil6:

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
1 ticket for speeding. My first ticket in close to 15 years.

I was going 46 in a 45mph zone but it just happens to be a school zone and even though there were no children present I got nailed...even though I was going the exact same speed as the cars around me.

$300 + traffic school and I have no points on my record thankfully.
A $300 ticket for going 1 mph over the posted limit? That's crazy-talk. That's not even outside the margin of error for speedometers (IIRC it's 5%). Also, if you have an analog speedo, How are you supposed to tell the difference between 45 and 46? I would have fought the hell out of that one.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I drive like a granny most of the time, so I've gotten zero tickets. I also know where all the cops usually hang out, and where the speed traps are, so I always adjust speed accordingly.
I also usually go with the flow of traffic, which has brought me sucess so far!

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I drive like a granny most of the time, so I've gotten zero tickets. I also know where all the cops usually hang out, and where the speed traps are, so I always adjust speed accordingly.
I also usually go with the flow of traffic, which has brought me sucess so far!
I have pretty much the same thign going...

ON my commute, i know where all the spots cops sit, andi can tell you by the flow of traffic whether there is a cop in that spot or not...

While in any place i dont know, or dont ride often, i just go my usual 5 over and if they pull me for that, i accept the concequences.

So far, zero tickets, as i have never been pulled over on the bike, only time i have ever been pulled over in any type vehicle was for a headlight out in my car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
seems every time i get pulled over i dont have my lic on me well ive been lucky in getting 3 no document tickets rather than 3 speeding tickets

1 - 20 of 98 Posts