Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My vehicle registration document arrived through the post yesterday....
When I was buying the bike the guy told me it was meticulously looked after by a father and son owners (ok so that's two). I can't remember what he said precisely when I asked specifically how many previous owners but sure as hell wasn't five! The document says 5 registered owners!! Should I be worried? The bike is 2006 but only 6k miles on the clock when I bought it a few weeks ago....

My only reasoning is that this is a cheap bike to insure and great first big bike so many people buy it for a year until their insurance goes down then move up to something bigger/faster.

Or maybe there's something sinister behind 5 owners!

I mean, the bike was immaculate when I bought it!

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
Since the SV can be considered a "starter bike, it may be that one or more of those prior owners tried motorcycling but didn't really like it. Hence the low mileage per owner.

·
Registered
322 Posts
both of the used 2008 bikes i bought with only about 2500k miles each had 2 previous owners.

first bike:
1st male owner sold during divorce with like 600 miles on it
2nd male owner sold to me because he was doing mostly track on his 636

second bike:
1st female owner sold after becoming pregnant with about 1500k miles
2nd male owner sold needing money to travel for 6 months, with 2500k miles

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Haven't run my vin through the DMV but I know I'm the 4th owner of mine. I thought I would be the 2-3rd. I found out it had 2 prior owners than the person I bought it from. However, the guy who sold it to me was not able to keep it due to his riding style. He only had it 2-3 months.

·
Registered
604 Posts
While it is a bummer they lied to you, I would judge the bike by it's condition and ride instead of how many owners it had. It must have been a good deal or you would not have purchased it. I wouldn't worry at all about it and enjoy the ride:D

·
Banned
855 Posts
I have a bike whoring problem that goes hand in hand with my modding problem. So when you get a bike that was owned by me you are getting something that is 100% mechanically sound but maybe 80% cosmetically sound.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts