Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put on my 47t sprocket and realized the chain is too short. Im going to add a few links. How many do you think i should add

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I put on my 47t sprocket and realized the chain is too short. Im going to add a few links. How many do you think i should add

Are u putting your old chain on a new sprocket?
Wheel should be in the forward third of the adjustment range, that's the correct number of links.

·
Super Moderator
9,143 Posts
Im going to add a few links. How many do you think i should add...
Two links (min possible without resorting to a 1/2 link kit). But, extending chains and running multiple master links reduces reliability and is generally considered a kludge.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess I should explain a little better this is only temporary with a used sprocket on a used chain. Only to see if I'm going to like the 47t sprocket. Then i will order my 520 kit.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Guess it would be too easy to figure out difference in number of teeth between old an new sprocket an that should be equal to the number you need to add provided its an even number, I'd say +1 on using rivet masterlink even tho I'm not sure how safe it is to use two master links like one or two links away from each other I'd say that a lil unorthodox and if it a temp thing I'd say use it temp as in like two ten min rides.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Even with the extra links there is gona be some resistance getting chain around the back sprocket. It not gona be like throwing a sheet over a bed. You may need to use old school bicycle chain method where you get it started (on bottom) an spin the wheel forward.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.