Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might be a dumb question, but please clarify.
I looked at a new SV650 S half faired version at the dealership which had two pipes.
But looks like the SV650 naked (which was not there in the showroom) has just one exhaust...is that the case? (I'm looking at a 2007 model) Thanks!

· Registered
5,704 Posts
The SV1000 has two pipes, one on each side of the bike.

All SV650's have only 1 pipe unless it is some type of aftermarket exhaust. There really is no benefit to dual pipes on the SV650...you're just adding weight.

· Premium Member
3,797 Posts
The SV1000s came with dual exhausts.
all the SV650s had 1 can (2 pipes that join to it) the SV1k has 2 pipes...

but.. some people have put dual pipes on the sv650 too... the dual can systems seem to be more popular with the european makers but there are some in North America too....

Of the dual can systems for the 650 I think the Renegade one is the most popular...

· Registered
5,704 Posts
all the SV650s had 1 can (2 pipes that join to it) the SV1k has 2 pipes...

but.. some people have put dual pipes on the sv650 too... the dual can systems seem to be more popular with the european makers but there are some in North America too....

Of the dual can systems for the 650 I think the Renegade one is the most popular...
They love that Ducati Monster look over there. Come to think of it...I love it too! ;D Not enough to put dual exhaust on my SV though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.