Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any idea how many cans of paint I need to buy to paint my 05 SV650S?

I'm guessing around 3 cans of base coat and maybe 2 cans of secondary colors, 3 cans of clear?

The guide suggests a whole lot of cans of paint, but I'm assuming that is for a fully faired bike.

Thanks

·
Registered
207 Posts
Alot....mine used quite a few when I spray bombed my '04 S, I wanna say like 3-4 cans of primers paint and clear each

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately, I don't have a compressor and whatnot so I'll be spray painting my bike. After seeing C-10 Aldehyde's bike in person, I think it can look pretty **** good if I put enough time into sanding.

I was reading the guide and it said that humidity can cause a huge problem... Seeing as how I live in Florida, are there any steps I can take to reduce the effect of humidity?

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
Do you have a garage with a window? Buy a small cheap air conditioner or a dehumidifier if no window. Get the humidity down and then stop the ac or dehum. and open up for ventilation for spraying. You don't want to suck volatile fumes into an electrical device. Maybe paint in stages, short runs.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Alot....mine used quite a few when I spray bombed my '04 S, I wanna say like 3-4 cans of primers paint and clear each
I would agree, I just did my fairings, (upper and lowers on S) most of the rear but not the tank and used about 2 full cans... granted I went with bedliner so it goes on heavy. Honestly I couldn't be happier with the results but I have always liked the style (when done right).

Good luck and never hurts to have some extra cans from the same batch if you need to do a touch-up or add an extra coat.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't have a garage. I live in apartment :( I might just dismantle parts of my bike and bring them back home to paint them over a couple of weekends.

I am planning on using Duplicolor so I should be able to get paint cans readily in case I suddenly need to grab one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts