Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who is 4'11 and she's considering getting the SV because of the ability to lower them. Is it possible to lower them enough for someone of her height? any personal accounts of this?

·
Registered
71 Posts
u could lower the sv but probably not enough for her to flat foot it still.
i seen 5'2" people riding stock height SS bikes by tippy toe, so she could learn to tippy toe a lowered sv.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
I had my SV lowered about an inch and half (I'm 5'3" barefoot). I can now flat foot in my old engineer boots. You do need to have both the front and rear done, and yes, it will affect the suspension (my fork will bottom out on the ubiquitous Boston potholes :( ). 4'11" sounds awfully short to me... She may need to look at some other bikes.

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
my ex was 4-11, no way to get an SV that low, look for a Ducati monster 600, should be low enuf stock

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
I would NOT lower an SV enough for her to be flat footed. I lowered mine one inch and cut down the seat and I'm STILL on my tip toes (I'm 4'11"). My bike is a little more sensitive to steering inputs than it was stock (did the test ride with the seat off and a towell over the frame rails) and lowering exagerated the weaknesses of the stock suspension. Lowering the bike also loses ground clearance.

K

·
0 Posts
I'm 5'2" and bought my '01 SV with a modified seat (1" of high density foam). I was slightly uncomfortable with my riding position since I was between my toes and ball of the foot and was leaning too far forward with my hands on the controls. Yesterday, my husband put on lowering links (Diamond Motorsports) and lowered the front fork. He also put on Gen-Mar handlebar risers and the bike is absolutely perfect. I'm now very close to flat-footing the bike and can now straddle walk the bike where I couldn't before.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
nurseratchet said:
4'11" sounds awfully short to me...
It sound short cause 4'11" IS way short! I mean call Willy Wonka there's an Umpa Loompa on the loose!! ;)

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
entropysedge said:
Nexus242 said:
nurseratchet said:
It sound short cause 4'11" IS way short! I mean call Willy Wonka there's an Umpa Loompa on the loose!! ;)
very funny....
I think I shall kneecap you now :twisted:

·
Registered
168 Posts
my wife is 4'11. the sv is too high. she just got a buell blast and you can get a lower seat that puts the seat hight to 25 1/2". that is what we did for her.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Nexus242 said:
nurseratchet said:
LOL my gf is 4'11" i am 6'1" look at like a ninja 250 or 500 they are lower

·
Registered
197 Posts
entropysedge said:
did the test ride with the seat off and a towell over the frame rails
:lol: that would be pretty funny to see somone pull out of the dealership like that :lol:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I lowered me 05 SVS and I can tell you that you cant really feel the difference. I was flat footed stock height but I love the look of it lowered. If you arent doing track days, you wont tell a difference. Just be careful for potholes.

·
Registered
836 Posts
05svs650 said:
I lowered me 05 SVS and I can tell you that you cant really feel the difference. I was flat footed stock height but I love the look of it lowered. If you arent doing track days, you wont tell a difference. Just be careful for potholes.

Oh no.....what's next...stretched out forks and a 250 rear?

My theory is that short people are just like...God's way of telling you not to ride a motorcycle. :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I believe to each his own. If you dont like it lowered, thats your perogative. If you do, then more power to ya. Thats why God gave us different personalities and tastes.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for all the advice. I think she's gonna look at a few of the bikes ya'll suggested instead of the SV.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
My little 4'11" woman loves to wear platform shoes so that might be a good idea ;) BUT, hopefully she won't be stopped much. She fits real well on a GSXR750.... which she will NOT be riding. She has pretty long legs though for a 4'11" chick.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts