Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok first off I know it's not if you crash, it's when.

So, how long have you gone since you dropped/crashed your bike? Or maybe you haven't... yet!

Also, just to help gauge the responses:
-What's your riding style?
-Contributing factors?
-Was it your own dang fault?

Let's hear it! C'mon, who's got the record?!

---> Knock on wood <---

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
you will!!!

how 'bout a slo mo 'highside' in the shed??

...as i laid it gently onto the lawnmower...

·
Registered
9,110 Posts
January. In the garage. After installing my second Fiamm horn and Viper exhaust I went to take it off the service stand and started letting it lean onto the sidest - oh wait, WTF OH NOOOOOOOOOOZZZZZZZZZ MUTHA%[email protected]#^&%^#**%[email protected]^%$%&%^&*^%^%$^%&^#&%^$*$&$#^%$^%$&%*&$&%#&^%*&$*&$&#^%$&%^^%*$&^%$^%&#^#%&#^^&^&^*

*Motosliders saved the day, but not the clutch lever. New Pazzos, up!

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Almost a year ago. I hit a little patch of sand and gravel in a u turn. Luckily it was low speed and motosliders saved the day. Picked up the bike and kept going.
First drop was six years ago. Driveway was blocked so I rode through mud and grass to get to the street. Stupid. No sliders on that bike but no serious damage.
Both drops my fault.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
About three weeks ago? Second time taking the bike out and put it down in a slow-speed turn (I'd be surprised if it was 15 mph). Lack of experience. My dang fault. :( Bent the handlebars and rear brake lever and some scrapes on the right side hardware, but the motosliders saved any major damage. Hurt my pride more than anything.

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
Ran down an embankment when riding on my fathers land back in 1995. It was also his old motorcycle. Like a 1978 Honda 250 or something. I was riding a street bike on a dirt road, caught a rut, gunned it, had no idea what counter steering was, and ran over an embankment. Got ****ed lucky to not hit any trees. Bike ended up upside down in a soft leafy forest floor. Then it stalled out. I was able to push it up the embankment, roll it home, and pretend i was done practicing for a while as it unflooded itself. It started up again fine the next morning. Does this count?

Havent yet crashed the SV in the 3 years I've owned it. Daily commuter riding, and some mild weekend rides. Very easy going and conservative riding style.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
January 25th 2009
CA highway 33
Aggressive rider
of course it was my fault :p

carried too much speed into an unfamiliar turn and couldn't quite hold it, lowsided when i hit the curb(or rolled asphalt on this road) then slid about 30yards before the bike decided to flip over and smash up the other side. Full leathers so i didn't have a scratch on me. Ended up being good for me to learn about how the SV is put together, i stipped all the plastic and fixed it all myself, as well as the new paint scheme :)

The way i see it is as long as you learn from your accidents its a good thing, the $500ish sucked but it was a he|| of an adrenaline rush too ;)

·
Lifer
5,220 Posts
February something or another on a cold 14* day over a boat load of salt on the ground.

So two months at least :) Do I win?

Also, just to help gauge the responses:
-What's your riding style? I'm a one year n00b.
-Contributing factors? Um, frozen ground, cold 14k mile stock tires, TONS of salt.
-Was it your own dang fault? I'd like to think it wasn't but I always could have taken that turn even slower. Maybe @ 5mph instead of 10mph.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Somebody crashed into my cage last week, so I might have a better chance of dropping the bike. Was sitting at a light wondering if my parts for my bike had come in and Boom. Guy didn't even hit the brakes. I'm just glad I wasn't on two wheels.

My car:
[/IMG]

His car:

The Chevy won...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts