Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what kind of miles people get out of a set of tires. I still have the tires my bike came with, and I am wondering how fast the SV consumes tires.

So, how many miles did the tires last?
What sort of riding do you do, commute, track, sport?
What's the brand of the tire?

Just curious. I'm wondering how much longer the tires on the bike will last. Overall mileage for simular tires would give me a good idea. I am running Pilot Roads but have a set of Roadsmarts in the wings.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
RS will last you longer, newer technology. PRs have strong following and are also great tires.

There are countless threads on tires.
Search for tires......

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
The D220 should give you about 8-10k on the rear and 14-17k on the front for the average rider. If your are running twisty roads, big sweepers most of the time then figure about 2-4k less.

Sadly moto tires don't have a universal UTQG rating for treadlife that would indicate a general wear rate to approx mileage. But so many factors go into moto tire wear. Bike weight, rider weight, PSI and riding style have the biggest impact on tire life no matter if it's a sport or sport touring tire.

However that being said a common assumption for the average rider is this:

Sport Tires: Front 7-10k, Rear 4-8k
Pilot Powers/Powers 2CT, BT-016, Diablo Rosso, Diablo Corsa III, M3, Qualifier, Viper Sport AV59 and Sport Attack.

Sport Touring Tires: Front 13-17k, Rear 9-12k
Pilot Road/Road 2CT, BT-021, Diablo Strada, Z6/Z6 interact, RoadSmart, D220, Storm-ST and Road Attacks.​

:)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I got 19k on my stock Metzler front. About 8k on the rear 'Course the rubber was getting rather low by then. And those were my rather conservative riding days. Rubber doesnt seem to last as long anymore.:p

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
I got 9K with about 2K to go out of the D220s. I now have RoadAttacks with 6.5K and about 4K to go (the front is barely worn but will be replaced with the rear). I mostly commute and ride all seasons (tires last longer in winter months). I am also not very hard on the bike most of the time (i.e. easy accelerations). I weigh between 180 and 190 but will be around 175 throughout the summer.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RS will last you longer, newer technology. PRs have strong following and are also great tires.

There are countless threads on tires.
Search for tires......
Same old problem with searching SVrider. Also, I don't think there's a thread quite like this. Tire threads tend to be too general, e.g. "what's a good tire to get", like oil threads. This exact topic "lots of tire threads" just came up in another tire thread.

I think it's still OK to ask about tires, just have a very specific question.

The answer seems to be "a long time". Looks like the SV is pretty easy on the doughnuts. For me it means I still have some life left in my Pilot Roads, so I will leave them on till summer and change up a couple of weeks before my track day.

Adam

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I think it's still OK to ask about tires, just have a very specific question.

Adam
No doubt about that!
Its just that tires are your shoes. For some of us they last longer and for others they just don't. Even if its the exact same shoe.(tire)
Of course there are those loyal tire followers.
I myself like to try all.
Ive gotten 7K miles out of my rear roadsmart, my front one is still seemingly new.
I'll be changing the rear tire very soon though. probably another 1k miles or so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts