Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6,547 Posts
Except they're not. Dot's are a race capable tire, but what are you comparing a GP-A to an NTEC slick? I dont think so.

The bridgestone slicks cost me less then what getting in the european 160 dunlop GP-A would. If you're quick enough to be thinking about contingency i dont see why it's even a question? Slicks have more grip and bridgestone is the only one available to you. The 250 GP slicks work great on an SV, your tire vendor will probably only have one hardness in stock, the soft which is the best tire for the SV.

EDITED: plus everyone loves the bridgestone tires. Predictable and last way longer then michelin/pirelli, no massive fall off of traction too. Dunlop is making really good tires again as well, if they were paying and b-stone wasn't i'd probably run the GP-A
That is your opinion.
Personally I ride on Pirellis and think dot race tire is as good as slick if not better.
And I don't love bridgestones. Rode on 165 slick just couple weeks ago and did not like it at all.

· Registered
6,547 Posts
it's not so much an opinion, more of a true statement that excludes pirelli lol, especially when you're talking 160 rears.
fyi. 160 dot pirelli won every race around here and holds track record for sv SS class.
Contingency is another story. With pricing and payout between brands it is not worth for me to use brand based only on how much they may pay. If I don't like some tire and can't go as fast on it I will not use it, can't get $$ without winning :). Tires are personal choice, imo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.