Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a naked 2002 SV650 last week (only 2100 miles on it woo) and I was wondering how you find out if it's 1st or 2nd gen. Also, I'd like to ask how hard it is to put a fairing on the bike and possibly do a headlamp swap, since I don't like the look of the single headlamp with the fairing. I was hoping it'd be possible to put a GSX fairing on it, but I really have no idea if that's possible.

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
anything is possible with the right tools or money

you my friend have a first gen, in my opinion the prettiest, 2whelljunkie has a full fairing kit and KGcycles do too

welcome to the site and where ya from??

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
rounded frame is 1st gen (99-02), flatter angular frame is 2nd gen (03+)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My brother bought an 05 SV650S a few months back and I now know what you're talking about as far as the frame goes. I'm from Florida, not far from Daytona Beach either. It's really nice down here because if you have a good jacket, it's ALWAYS riding season. Plus the scenery along the beaches and things is really nice as well.

I use my bike to go just about everywhere and this sometimes involves highway time. Riding at 70+ on a naked is really not fun, expecially with the non (S) version, since you sit almost straight up and can't really tuck. I really like the look of the fairing, much more than the naked (although I know a lot of people prefer the naked). Anyhow, I"ll be trolling around these forums from now on I'm sure, there is a lot to learn after all :)

G

·
Ahriman said:
"...Riding at 70+ on a naked is really not fun, expecially with the non (S) version, since you sit almost straight up and can't really tuck..."
Try lower bars. Drag bars are a common swap, as are Suburban Machinery products if you don't choke on the price. But isn't being "in the wind"  the whole point of riding?

;)

·
Registered
500 Posts
I tuck alot and my helmet then acts as a fairing. I have Sub. Mach. bars they are great. I like the tuck position on my naked frist gen. I almost fall asleep sometimes I am so comfy. DoH! I'll tuck at even 60 or so mph on back roads.

·
Registered
171 Posts
This could make for an interesting debate.........

·
Registered
415 Posts
GTKrockeTT said:
fixed... ;)

main difference between 1st and 2nd...1st are purdier, and have purdier colors
Fixed again :p

as I said in my sig.  I like my SVs like I like my women,  with curves.

But hey, if you like your women all angly and stuff....thats your thang  ;)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Eventhough I know the red 1st gen is fastest :-*, is the blue 1st gen faster than the blue 2nd gen? ;D

·
Registered
415 Posts
Happy2BNekid said:
Eventhough I know the red 1st gen is fastest :-*, is the blue 1st gen faster than the blue 2nd gen? ;D
+1 for red first gens!

And yes, I think the blue 1st gen is faster than the blue 2nd gen.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Congrats and welcome. If you like the "S" version better, you can always convert or get a 2WJ fairing kit as mentioned above. And your insurance company might have lower rates for the naked version (by VIN number), so you'll be saving money!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts