Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my Fieldsheer Mach1 mesh is starting to smell a bit, between the sweat on hot days,exhaust fumes and bugs it needs a good cleaning. According to the tag on it they say not to machine wash, don't dry clean, don't soak etc. WTF, how am I going to clean it? It has removable hard armor but also has soft armor that any heat would detroy I would imagine. Just getting it wet doen't work either since I was cought in the rain once and it didn't help. Any suggestions?? It looks perfectly clean so of course I already tried the Fabreeze and it didn't help much.

Under200

·
Registered
50 Posts
take the pieces out, zip up pockets, use warm water (~30C) and mild detergent. hand wash or gentle/delicate cycle. rinse thoroughly, hang dry.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
hand wash cycle won't clean it. just removes the smell. handwashing it witha brush for stubborn stains will clean it and deodorize.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I usually use a wet cloth and febreeze for the smell if there is one.

K

·
0 Posts
Take it to the car wash, hang it on one of those carwash pins and then spray the hell out of it. I know it sounds crazy but the powerful water will wash off all the bugs, fumes, and smell from the jacket.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Kaxter said:
Take it to the car wash, hang it on one of those carwash pins and then spray the hell out of it. I know it sounds crazy but the powerful water will wash off all the bugs, fumes, and smell from the jacket.
I think the car wash pressure washer would fvck up a mesh jacket (my Joe Rocket Riot jacket anyway).
Some warm water and mild soap is best... allow to air dry. This isn't any more stressful on it then riding in the rain. I'd also be careful with a brush.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts