1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
My MSF instructor said that it was very difficult to find insurance because of her MSF instructor status. Companies would turn her away. Just something to look into.

·
MOTORADOR
10,956 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Is it possible that they meant hard to find liability insurance as a business/contractor? Liability for teaching a buncha newbs on bikes would be pretty high/risky..

Motorcycle insurance isn't based on jobs, especially part time jobs. Doesn't make much sense. But, insurance companies do some weird stuff.. .

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
My MSF instructor said that it was very difficult to find insurance because of her MSF instructor status. Companies would turn her away. Just something to look into.
In IL insurance is unaffected, it doesn't go up or down by being an MSF instructor.

I also know a few instructors that live in WI and teach there, but don't know the details for WI, I believe it is the same as below.

In many cases, at least here in IL, the state university sponsoring the program covers insurance for the instructors and surrounding property when a course is in progress.

There have been instances where instructors have been injured, other property has been damaged (fencing), or other vehicles have been damaged (parked car, etc), and the University sponsoring the program covers it.

Once the course is over, the instructor obvioulsy has insurance on their own vehicles like normal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts