Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, whats up. ive had my 07 sv 6505s for about 2 weeks, and my parts that i orederd just came in, such as fender elim kit, seat cowl, and wind screen...im going too a shop to get the fender kit work done. im going to do the seat cowl and the wind screen my self. the wind screen did not come with any tools. how hard is it too install windscreen??

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, on my bike..its missing 4 nuts too the wind screen..there is the only two on the top..does that make a diffrence???

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have the top 2 screws..but missing the rest...were can i buy the screws?? can i still install with the two top screws???

·
Iron Butt Moderator
9,271 Posts
You can install with just the top 2. Hit your local dealer for the wellnuts and screws. They might be universal from other bikes so have them look for you. That's odd for your bike to be missing those.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm trying to install a new windscreen and I can't seem to get the wellnuts pushed in the right way. Is there a trick to it? Can you take the metal nuts out of the rubber and put them in separately? Any tips would be appreciated.

·
Registered
152 Posts
i had to take that plastic piece that surrounds the speedo off.. the one with access to the directionals and whatnot. so i pretty much took off the entire front end to put mine on, was a *****, but didnt take long and was easy once i put the windscreen on before the rest. i gotta do it again to get rid of the ticking sound i have though, make sure you have some sort of padding between where the screen and the plastic connects or it will vibrate.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
just make sure you line the holes up properly. You might have to lube up the rubber with some spit to work it in.

·
Registered
919 Posts
i had to take that plastic piece that surrounds the speedo off.. the one with access to the directionals and whatnot. so i pretty much took off the entire front end to put mine on, was a *****, but didnt take long and was easy once i put the windscreen on before the rest. i gotta do it again to get rid of the ticking sound i have though, make sure you have some sort of padding between where the screen and the plastic connects or it will vibrate.
No vibrating on mine. And what was the reason you had to take the inner fairing out? There should be no need for either.

·
Registered
152 Posts
i just couldnt get the rubber nuts (LOL, thats funny) in there without them getting ripped out unless i pulled it all apart. the inner plastic piece was nocking all the nuts out.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I took the inner fairing out as well, then I realized that you won't be able to snap the center pin back in after the shield is installed, so I knew that was the wrong way. I'll try it again when I have the patience. Thanks for the tips (and the graphic detail PNE)

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
Hey, if you need hardware, you could always use some of these "cool" pieces off of ebay.... ;D

(Good grief, who uses this junk?)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts