Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my bike sitting for 2-3 months without stable in it (didn't think it would be sitting this long) I did a front end swap that required new throttle cables. I got everything back together but it runs pretty rough and when I rev it up a little poof of black smoke comes out the back. I am assuming this is because the fuel is so old. So I figured I would drain it (there is probably 3 gal left. The problem is that I cannot see a way to drain it. Can anyone help?

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
lean the bike over till it comes out.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
How about pulling the fuel line off the throttle bodies, and have it run into a container that can hold more than three gallons of gas. Run the fuel pump until the tank is empty.

or

Remove tank from bike, open gas cap, invert tank, and empty contents into a container that will hold more than three gallons of gas. I think I would do it this way.

·
Registered
490 Posts
pull off the fuel pump hose, place in a container, turn the bike on. The pump will run untill the fuel is dispensed...so be careful not to let it go forever. or take off the tank and place a piece of fuel hose to the tap or drain... i dunno something like that.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
easiest way is just to siphon it through the gas cap, but it might take awhile. You can also prop up the tank, connect some tubing to the fuel pump, and run it into a bucket.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.