Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a feeling my clutch engagement is causing some stalling issues. When i start the bike in gear and have the clutch lever fully pulled in, the bike lunges forward slightly so i know its not fully disengaging. Also i have noticed on the freeway sometimes if i pull in the clutch the bike will die randomly. Not everytime though.

I read about adjusting the cable to fix this but the 1k is hydraulic. Suggestions??

· Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea i have levers set to the shortest setting (I have small hands). I will check the pushrod clean it and raise the idle a little. Maybe change the plugs and see if thats whats going on since this is normal for the bike.

· Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There isnt any adjustment in the engagement of the plates. Its really either engaged or not. This is because of the amount of fluid the mater cylinder moves during the lever pull. If you want this to feel like most other sport bike clutches which use 1/2 of the lever action to engage the clutch, you have 2 options. 1 - convert to a cable setup or 2 - get a master cylinder that moves less fluid, then it will take more of the stroke to move the plates. I believe someone used a master from an aprillia. You can search it. i just gave up and got used to the stock setup.

A small lunge is normal when it goes in gear, but its more of a kick, the bike really shouldn't roll forward. If you roll and continue to roll then you aren't disengaging fully and you need to bleed the master.
Dying on the highway with the clutch in may be a low idle. Check to see if you are at +/- 1200.
I was at 1100 idle. I raised it up to about 1300 and havent had any issues with dying out the last few days. Im going to increase a click or two on the clutch lever and see if that helps. but so far so good. Thanks all for the help :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.