Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a used '03 SV650s with a Yoshimura slip-on but I'm not sure if it's just a slip-on or a full exhaust. Any pointers would be helpful.

Thanks

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Show me a picture and I'll let you know :)

·
Registered
308 Posts
unbolt the can, slide it off, and look at the end of the headers. if it was sawed off, you have a slipon, if it is smooth you have a full system.
another thing to look for is the little springs that hold the full system together. you should have 4 little springs with hooks holding the thing together if you have a full system. (2 pairs in 2 diff spots) if my memory serves me.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
If the portion of the pipes that goes underhead the clutch (after the front header, before the collector" has a heat shield on it, it's stock.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
A stock pipe looks like this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well, how about this one? It's got the spring clamps, but the exhaust looks newer from about the brake-peg forward.

BTW, I just bought this today :p

Kirk

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Well, how about this one? It's got the spring clamps, but the exhaust looks newer from about the brake-peg forward.

BTW, I just bought this today :p

Kirk
That looks like a slip-on to me.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Yeah, when I went to go see it in person yesterday it had new bar-ends on it. Not sure why they would have been missing, maybe bar-end mirrors.
I would say judging by the cracked reflector on the right fork it fell over :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts