Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,i got a 01 sv650s,right now im installing the body kit from airtech(NOT FUN)im having trouble with it bacuase is touching the exhaust and i cant get enough clearence.But anyways..........i have that part figure out,what i need help with is with the rear tire,i love my sv but i got to tell you that rear tire is too small,wahts the biggest size i can put on it? what kind of mod i can do.I read in a couple places that is not a smart thing to do,becuase it throws the balance of you bike off and yada,yada,yada,is that true or not?
HELP PLEASE.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Im not to happy with that rear tire,i already have a undertail and new body kit but i dont like the way the bike lloks from behind

·
Registered
101 Posts
Re: Rear tire

Do a search for F3 Wheel Swap. It'll allow a 180 series tire. Handling differences are debatable, but those who've done it don't seem to mind any percivable downfall.

·
Eagle one
1,660 Posts
and now merged ;D

·
Registered
104 Posts
mtelleria-svatx said:
Hello everyone,i got a 01 sv650s,right now im installing the body kit from airtech(NOT FUN)im having trouble with it bacuase is touching the exhaust and i cant get enough clearence.But anyways..........i have that part figure out,what i need help with is with the rear tire,i love my sv but i got to tell you that rear tire is too small,wahts the biggest size i can put on it? what kind of mod i can do.I read in a couple places that is not a smart thing to do,becuase it throws the balance of you bike off and yada,yada,yada,is that true or not?
HELP PLEASE.
Do a search on tire profiles. May not be a good idea if you are doing any agressive/fast riding

·
Registered
37 Posts
mtelleria-svatx said:
HELP PLEASE.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I run a 180 w/ the f3 wheel.

makes the look a bit more beastly from behind. To resolve the heavier tire and slower turn in due to this, I simply raised the rear a bit and lowered the front. I may even say that the bike feels very good to my knowledge. And to be honest, I don't race my bike, but i do enjoy a good set of twisties.

my .02, going back to work now.

Q

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I found the answer to my question on a prior topic form august 5th by RedAggie03.He got a F3 tire on it and has plenty of pics too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts