Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
doing some wheelies down my parents drive the other day and my horn just fell out right in front of everyone.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
funny ha ha, no the actuall horn in the front fairing, i looked at it real quick and didnt even see how or wear it came from

·
Registered
233 Posts
hahaa.. nice. if it fell off whatever bolts/nuts were holding it on probably backed out so im guessing your gonna have to find some.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea definitely, I couldn't belive this happened, but could have been worse, it makes me wonder if suzuki uses any sort of thread locker during assembly, or if its just a matter of miles and vibration, what if this had fallen off on the highway!

·
Iron Butt Moderator
9,271 Posts
Wait until you put a slip-on or full exhaust system, you'll find all sorts of stuff loose.

Blue loc-tite is your best friend.

·
Iron Butt Moderator
9,271 Posts
If you need a stock horn, I have one lying around. Goes on the left side behind the radiator, look for a tab and a connector flapping in the wind. There's a small little nut that holds it on.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the location it took me awhile to figure out how to put it back on until i came back and read your post. i was trying to put it in front of the radiator. anyways i went out and got a cool allen head bolt and lock washer and found out how hard it is to get an allen key in there on a fully faired bike. im considering selling my lowers for a chin spoiler.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts