Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...been searching here for pics and reviews of the MRA Vario Touring windscreen on the SV650s...but haven't been able to find any. If there are a ton of them somewhere here, please feel free to throw rocks at me (but make sure they have links written on them...LOL). I like my ZG ST, but it broke on one side, so I was looking at the Givi ST, but someone just mentioned the MRA Vario ST and I'm looking for some feedback on it. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I finally got one...3 years later! So far, it's a pretty cool windscreen. Yesterday, I could tell the difference a little between full up and full down. This afternoon it was really windy and I was riding into the wind...with it fully down, I could feel the pressure against my chest. With it fully up, it was like having my old ZG ST on there...the pressure was against my helmet. I think if I was a little more upright, it wouldn't be so bad against my helmet. The windscreen is put together well, came in great packaging and looks great on my bike! I definitely like the option of having the wind against me or over me...sometimes I just like having that air blowing directly on me. Anyway, it cost $168 total to ship to Central California and it took TT a month to get it to me. They didn't explain why, but Im' figuring that since it's made in Germany and double the cost of a ZG ST, they don't keep any in stock.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very cool, Rock! Yanno, for some reason, I recall you having an S with a topcase and sidebags....or am I thinking of someone else?

When I had my front cowl off, I was really starting to like the look of my bike naked...but then considered how much it would cost to do what I wanted...and quickly put it back...lol. Plus, I do a lot of freeway commuting and frequent 2-3 hr rides on highways and don't think I could handle that much wind any more...I'm not getting any younger! But looking at your bike, I'm thinking I might have the best of both worlds...hmmm...

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
MG, that's an awesome color bike you have! Don't think I've seen that color on an SV before.
Thanks. Its the stock 08 blue, Candy Indy Blue (YKZ)

·
Registered
586 Posts
Hey Rock Dodger, that screen looks very cool, like it might actually work...
Can you tell us what it's like? Where does the wind end up on your body? Also if you could post a couple more pics (perhaps a straight on view as well) that would be great.

I hope this isn't too much of a thread jack, as the original topic WAS a Vario Touring screen:p

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
Hey Rock Dodger, that screen looks very cool, like it might actually work...
Can you tell us what it's like? Where does the wind end up on your body? Also if you could post a couple more pics (perhaps a straight on view as well) that would be great.

I hope this isn't too much of a thread jack, as the original topic WAS a Vario Touring screen:p
Yes, it works. I noticed that I found myself going 10mph+ faster with it on if I didn't watch the speedo.

I'm 6'-2" and the deflected air hits my helmet. It makes a bit more noise than without the windscreen, but the benefits outweigh the minor drawbacks.

How could this be a threadjack? This is an MRA VarioTouring windscreen, just the type for nakeds. ;)

(cat not included)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rock, is that an aftermarket windscreen? Excluding the Vario it looks larger than stock. Very new to bikes myself so its possible I just don't recognize it!

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
Rock, the WHOLE windscreen is MRA, right? Or just the louver?
Yes, the whole thing is MRA. What might be confusing is that I removed the tiny fly screen smoked center section of the stock windscreen and left the two painted side pieces when I installed the MRA. Look at the other pics on P1, the MRA is way taller than the stock unit and much wider too. It is about the perfect size, IMO.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, the whole thing is MRA. What might be confusing is that I removed the tiny fly screen smoked center section of the stock windscreen and left the two painted side pieces when I installed the MRA. Look at the other pics on P1, the MRA is way taller than the stock unit and much wider too. It is about the perfect size, IMO.
yeah, it's really nice for a naked...much better than most others I've seen. You never told me where you got those nifty levers from?

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
yeah, it's really nice for a naked...much better than most others I've seen. You never told me where you got those nifty levers from?
Sorry Jolly, the levers came from the2wheels. They fold and are adjustable length. The quality is very good, been using them for about a year. The2wheels has a lot of different levers and the price is right!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts