Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Normally I am the most anti bling person on the face of the planet but

I like making the SV look good for some reason. :oops:

Probably not gonna happen anytime soon but what do you guys think of these?

EBC pro lite rotors from oneida.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These are around 350 for the pair. A rear is around a 100.

A litte expensive but cheaper then some of the other full tilt stuff I have seen.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah ben

I was just poking around on the net and the galfer wave stuff through ebay is around 650 bucks. :shock:

I think I would def buy a good shock before any of that stuff.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Mr. Black said:
These are around 350 for the pair. A rear is around a 100.

A litte expensive but cheaper then some of the other full tilt stuff I have seen.
I got an idea....you could just buy a 636r and they come stock with those wave rotors! :p

·
Registered
6,503 Posts
Who notices?

The problem with expensive, partial bling is that no one (virtually no one) notices but you. That's a lot of bucks to spend for bling on an inexpensive bike. Now, if you're going all out show and money doesn't matter too much, go for it.

·
Registered
449 Posts
They're not actually bling though, as they do have some performance enhancement. Lighter and stopping power is slightly improved, even more so with SS lines.

Grav.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
That pic's a Pro-Lite Contour, not a Pro-Lite. I'd doublkecheck with Oneida to make sure you're getting the right price for the right part- I just looked on the EBC website and they don't advertise a Contour for the SV.

I'm told that the old Pro-lites for the SV were actually heavier than stock... I'm running old, round Pro-lites withthe GSXR front and they work very nicely thangyouverymuch, but then I've got no stock GSXR discs to compare with.

·
Registered
13,319 Posts
Two points.

1. I'm really not all about trying to impress anyone else. It's not like anyone is going to do a double take on me and say, "Ooh... check out that guy! He must be cool cause he's got gold/chrome *generic motorcycle part* on his bike! I want to be just like him". Nothing I could do could make people do that to me. :roll:

2. Gold and chrome do not make me a better rider.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Two points.

ASCSurveyor said:
Two points.

1. I'm really not all about trying to impress anyone else. It's not like anyone is going to do a double take on me and say, "Ooh... check out that guy! He must be cool cause he's got gold/chrome *generic motorcycle part* on his bike! I want to be just like him". Nothing I could do could make people do that to me. :roll:
1. Its not that much bling, and if it isn't for you so be it...stop being a schmuck, someone else is entitled to their preference. :roll:

ASCSurveyor said:
2. Gold and chrome do not make me a better rider.
2. A dick attitude won't help you either. As was said...if stock is 400...aftermarket is 350, you do the math.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Eventually I'll be doing the Galfer wave rotors up front, I already have one on the rear. Yeah they aren't cheap, but they are a bit of a performance enhancement, especially on my 04 GSX-R front end. You can find them realatively cheap on Ebay. I got my brand new rear rotor for $69 shipped, and I've seen the fronts for $500 shipped.

I couldn't care less what anyone else thinks, really. But I know when I look at my bike with the F3 rear and that cool little Galfer rotor it makes me grin ear to ear. That makes it worth it to me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I won't argue with the suggestion that this money could be better spent on a shock but you can get a set of front Galfer Waves (more bling than the EBC IMO) and HH pads from Todd @ Calsportbike.com shipped for @ $530 (tell him you are from svrider.com).

Along with SS lines my SV has much improved brake feel and stopping power. Pads & SS lines are probably 90% of the improvement but I like the subtle bling of the rotors. And yes, several others I ride with have noticed them. 8)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Novadesigns said:
Eventually I'll be doing the Galfer wave rotors up front, I already have one on the rear. Yeah they aren't cheap, but they are a bit of a performance enhancement, especially on my 04 GSX-R front end. You can find them realatively cheap on Ebay. I got my brand new rear rotor for $69 shipped, and I've seen the fronts for $500 shipped.

I couldn't care less what anyone else thinks, really. But I know when I look at my bike with the F3 rear and that cool little Galfer rotor it makes me grin ear to ear. That makes it worth it to me.
Question about your rear wave: Did it actually improve the feel and stopping of the rear? I was thinking about doing that but haven't decided yet? I'm holding back because I'm not sure if they're needed, and it's not like my rear needs replacing yet.

Thanks,

Grav.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts