Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up an 07 naked with 31k miles. A day after I found out the forks were bent (I had hoped they were just twisted). Purchased some used forks with emulators/springs from ebay for $300, and I'm chopping the exhaust and painting it black today. Also ordered new chain/sprockets, air filter, spark plugs, brake pads/fluid, oil/oil filter, cramp buster and Daytona handlebars.

As of now the bike is hanging in the garage waiting for all the parts which should be in tomorrow and Friday. Hopefully after this it will be good for another 15K miles other than oil changes.

I'm also deciding whether to paint the whole bike flat black.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Hello from College Station. Congrats on the new bike and welcome to SVRider. There are quite a few Houston SV's on this site, but if you ever want to go ride or need help wrenching, I end up in Houston probably once a month for some reason or another.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello from College Station. Congrats on the new bike and welcome to SVRider. There are quite a few Houston SV's on this site, but if you ever want to go ride or need help wrenching, I end up in Houston probably once a month for some reason or another.
Thanks will do! I'm probably going to be touring with the bike shortly. Prolly the west coast.

Welcome to the forum!
Thanks!

I got the forks, chain and exhaust done. The rest of the maintenance stuff comes in on Monday. The exhaust sounds awesome, just as good as an aftermarket imo. Very deep, with no rasp or backfire. I had to ghetto rig the exhaust chop because my can was dented, which made me unable to pull the inside out. I just left the stock front portion of the muffler inside and rolled the edges, then painted the entire thing flat black. Only got a chance to ride about 30 miles before it started raining, but it feels great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts