Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about getting the hotbodies kit but I am wondering where do people mount the licence plate when they install the kit.

I have seen plates on the swing arm on the left but I dont really want to do that.

Any pics of bikes with hotbodies and different plate mounts?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have been thinking about getting the hotbodies kit but I am wondering where do people mount the licence plate when they install the kit.

I have seen plates on the swing arm on the left but I dont really want to do that.

Any pics of bikes with hotbodies and different plate mounts?
you can buy/bend L shaped metal brackets and drill holes into the undertail. The instructions tell you to take that approach. I just mounted mine on the swing arm though.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I personally did not wanna use those cheap azz L brackets, nor drill holes in my nice new undertail. So, I designed and made my own plate mount, no drilling required.

You can see my site(see sig or click pic) for more pics:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Doug speaks truth. I got one of his plate brackets, and after giving it a rattle-can flat black paint job, it looks and works great. You'll have some left-over wires after installing the HB undertail (the plate light) which DZ's will wire directly up to.

Plus he's a great guy.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I personally did not wanna use those cheap azz L brackets, nor drill holes in my nice new undertail. So, I designed and made my own plate mount, no drilling required.

You can see my site(see sig or click pic) for more pics:

Looks awesome!! The only concern I have is I dont have that odd shaped placstic piece that goes between the tail lights. I have a Competition Werkes kit and they use a stainless filler piece with a bolt going into the larger stainless piece on the bottom. I was wondering if there would be other problems when I installed the kit since I was missing that part?

How much for the licence plate bracket?

Does Dougz sell the hotbodies fender elim kit?

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
You can find those "T" tail pieces on ebay sometimes for under $15....or ask around to people on the board here.

I make and sell the plate holders, complete with all stainless steel hardware, for $45. $10 extra if you want a plate light added on.

I do not sell Hot Bodies undertails.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts