Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have a favorite hot weather boot?

Fully perforated, vented, is there a discernible difference?

Fully armored riding/race boots only, please....

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FunkDaddy--

Sidi is at the top of my list for my next boot; I'm actually fishing for a heat comparo of the Vertebra Race II vs. Vertebra Race vented vs. standard Vertigo vs. Vertigo Air (perforated)...

Unfortunately for me, my feet like to sweat... a lot :mad:.

Titusss-- The Vertigo Air is the boot I'm comparing others to; $275 is a tough pill for me to swallow... :eek:

Thanks, guys.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
I have the Vertebra Race boots, and my feet sweat pretty good too. My advice would be to get some coolmax socks to go under the boots. I have switched to only wearing coolmax socks now in all my shoes, and it really helps to keep my feet cooler. New Enough has some Sidi socks that are specifically made for wearing under riding boots, and those are quite comfortable in my opinion. I would stay away from the "one size fits all" if you have over a size 11 though, as after washing these are a little tight in the toes (I wear a size 10).

·
Registered
213 Posts
I used the 20% voucher from arimichael on a pair of Sidi Vertigo's. really nice boots. I got talked out of the Vertigo Air because when it gets cold, your feet would freeze. Unless you can afford two pairs of Sidi boots. The standard Vertigo had a vent on the side and when you open them up you can really feel the air

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
orangegilly said:
Dang, 6. shoulda got one of those discount coupons from arimichael before the end of last year. Weren't they 20% off or something like that?

I was afraid: I thought the coupons may have been used as stuffing in the Rally thong...

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
azrider said:
I used the 20% voucher from arimichael on a pair of Sidi Vertigo's. really nice boots. I got talked out of the Vertigo Air because when it gets cold, your feet would freeze. Unless you can afford two pairs of Sidi boots. The standard Vertigo had a vent on the side and when you open them up you can really feel the air

Not too worried about my next boot being good in cooler weather, the JR Revs are plenty warm enough to go with their waterproofness and have plenty of life left in them. I would be willing to buy a pair of boots solely for warmer fair weather hence my focus on vented or perfed boots. There is a good chance, however, that any pair of Sidis would spoil my feet rotten, so maybe I should look at more of an all around boot...

Good to hear the vent on the standard Vertigo moves the air through; I kind of like the idea of being able to modulate the amount of air flowing across the foot according to conditions...

·
Registered
745 Posts
Sidi Vert II Airs. They have three little air vents on the top and when I'm on the balls of my feet, the air flows in and feels great. I like them alot. They are also comfy enough to wear all day. ;)

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
My Oxtar Ti Evos are ventilated and if it is cold, I just run the pant over the boot.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Weezer, thanks for the info; do the Vert II Airs move air while your feet are in a normal position as well, or only when you the heel lifts?

Currently, I didn't even consider these, thanks for the heads up. Are your Oxtars ventilated in the foot area or the shin (or both) ? Looking online at their description and can't seem to figure out. My problem area is the toes and soles, so I need to make sure I can get airflow through the toe box, although fresh air for the calves and shins wouldn't be a bad bonus either....

·
Registered
629 Posts
azrider said:
I used the 20% voucher from arimichael on a pair of Sidi Vertigo's.  really nice boots.  I got talked out of the Vertigo Air because when it gets cold, your feet would freeze.  Unless you can afford two pairs of Sidi boots.  The standard Vertigo had a vent on the side and when you open them up you can really feel the air
+1 my vertigo's air vent makes a difference when opened...you can feel the air. I didn't want a hot and cold pair of boots so I got these and didn't have a problem in 80-90 deg weather. Something I use riding motorcross to help keep my feet a little drier and comfortable is dump some baby powder in my socks...really helps out....among other areas of the body also :D

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
Six Chin Skinny said:
Currently, I didn't even consider these, thanks for the heads up. Are your Oxtars ventilated in the foot area or the shin (or both) ? Looking online at their description and can't seem to figure out. My problem area is the toes and soles, so I need to make sure I can get airflow through the toe box, although fresh air for the calves and shins wouldn't be a bad bonus either....
No, just the shin, calf and ankle area, however, the lining is porus to air and it does a good job keeping
the entire foot cool when on the bike moving. 

I find it a very well constructed boot and for the money it is hard to beat.
I did not like the support from the leather interior sole so I bought a set of Dr. Scholls Orthotic foot supports ($15)
and man does it make a difference wearing that boot! I wear them all day without a second thought!
The black and gray make it less conspicuous than the SIDI's and claims to be CE protection certified.

Now if money was no object ... check these out ::)

http://www.helimot.com/catalog/boots/boots_security_data.shtml

They are only $949.95   :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks azrider and bbmxta for the info on the Vertigo vents...

Currently, thanks for the info on the Oxtar TI Evos...

I think those Daytona's are worth more than my bike...lol

·
Registered
745 Posts
Six Chin Skinny said:
Weezer, thanks for the info;  do the Vert II Airs move air while your feet are in a normal position as well, or only when you the heel lifts?

Currently, I didn't even consider these, thanks for the heads up.  Are your Oxtars ventilated in the foot area or the shin (or both) ?  Looking online at their description and can't seem to figure out.  My problem area is the toes and soles, so I need to make sure I can get airflow through the toe box, although fresh air for the calves and shins wouldn't be a bad bonus either....
The fresh air flows in on top of your foot with the Airs. It circulates around pretty well depending on how tight your boots are. I actually get air all over when I change the position of my feet. They are alot cooler than my old Joe Rockets. I can't ride with them in cooler temps because the flow so well. I tried once and was freezing all day. I would say try them on and see if you like them. Everybody has different foot shapes and what works for me might not work for you. The boots have great ventilation and alot of replacable skid points. It even comes with a handy key chain tool for changing the sliders. ;)

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
WeezerKDI said:
The fresh air flows in on top of your foot with the Airs. It circulates around pretty well depending on how tight your boots are. I actually get air all over when I change the position of my feet. They are alot cooler than my old Joe Rockets. I can't ride with them in cooler temps because the flow so well. I tried once and was freezing all day. I would say try them on and see if you like them. Everybody has different foot shapes and what works for me might not work for you. The boots have great ventilation and alot of replacable skid points. It even comes with a handy key chain tool for changing the sliders. ;)

That's what I like to hear; thanks Weezer... 8)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts