Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as far as i can see, there is a hose draining for the tank and a hose possibly for a breather for the air box, snaking back. both go into two T's then drain lower on the bike. is it necessary for the T's to be there or can i just drain the two down in front of the shock?

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
The T fitting isn't necessary. Are you sure there's a T fitting? My '00 doesn't have one.

The drain for the tank is for over filling of gas; the drain line from the airbox is for excess oil blowing in from the crank. There are two lines running from the crank to airbox; they NEED to be hooked up, else you'll get oil/gas blown on your left leg. There's a THIRD line running down that is the drain. That one runs down on the right side of the frame.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
the hoses that exit in front of the right footpeg are 1) drain for the fuel overflow/water getting around the gas cap, and 2) vent for fuel cap/vent for coolant recovery tank, (hence the t fitting on this one).

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I have two for some reason. And a short hose connecting the two right after where water drains out through the tank. My drain for water in the gas cap was clogged at the bottom of the tank. So when I was re-routing them all back I didn't figure I needed the Ts at all. The hose for the tank I just went straight down with, and the one for the crankcase was a little shorter but still reached far enough down it wouldn't drip on stuff. I jus didn't know if it was going to throw any vaccuum stuff off or not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts