Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The subject line pretty much says it. I was swapping the shock on my 2000 sv and in my haste to get it out of the garage I put the battery in backwards! :BangHead: I didn't catch it right away, at least not until I turned the key and had no electricity. When I found the mistake I turned the battery around but still not electrical power.

At this point I gave up, drank a beer and went to bed. My question is, does anyone know where I should be looking for a problem now? Is there a master fuse some where that I don't know about? (I already checked all the fuses in the small block under the seat) Is it possible that I blew the voltage regulator?

Any thoughts on where to start looking for problems would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
I know your not the first but I don't recall what gets cooked. You might try searching for it.

Have you checked all the fuses, including the big 30 amp fuse in the starter relay? It's by the lower, right subframe mount...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been searching, I've just not been able to find anything yet. I'm afraid it might have been the voltage regulator. If it is then I guess it's a good oportunity to upgrade! :confused3:

I didn't know that the 30 amp fuse was even there, I'm going to check it tonight. I just got a wiring diagram and I'm going to start tracing it to see if that fuse might take out the whole electrical system.

Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Banned
2,973 Posts
Dude... you blew your fuse. its on the left hand side under the seat area. It's behind that little triagular fairing thing under the seat. Nexus242

edit: my bad.. when I said lef hand side, I meant right hand side.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I've owened this bike for less than a month so I'm not real familiar with it yet. I'll replace the fuse tonight and then maybe I'll get some seat time finally! Nexus242 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
A thread from 2007 just saved me a ton of time. Thanks for this. I'm embarrassed enough that I hooked up my battery backwards, I didn't need the embarrassment of taking my bike to the shop and paying hundreds of dollars for some guy to change a fuse.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts