Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wishing on my way into work that I still lived in a rural area--someplace with little traffic, great back roads and friendly drivers. I'm getting sick of this city traffic.

What kind of neighborhood do y'all hail from?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Country, baby.

I grew up in rural, farmland Ontario. My neighbours were cows, trees, and fields. Riding into the city for the first time was a real shock for me (read that as scary).

There is no comparison for how much more fun you can have in the country. I spend hours touring around and not even touching the brakes. You can ride without a car in sight, and pour on the gas with no worries. The downside is that you get hit with a lot of bugs, but for me the tradeoff is more than worth it.

~A

T

·
0 Posts
I live in the suburbs but work in a city (25 mile commute). Even though it's the suburbs it's very busy and if I could ride to work everyday, I'm not sure that I'd want to.
I pass people driving their Escalades and Expeditions reading the paper. While I was in the Holland Tunnel one day I saw this guy driving while practicing his trumpet playing. :shock:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
reminisce

i grew up in a small town in MA (check my username), but have never gotten to ride there and would love to. i learned to drive there and know all the roads around there like tha back of my hand.

the streets around here (bay area) are different. there are big cities and towns where the population is centered around but little in between. there aren't the small towns and their accompanying roads to explore like their are on the east coast. don't get me wrong, there are some great roads out here that you'd never see in the East. things are just different.

i would love to throw my SV around some of my roads at home.

H

·
0 Posts
I'm originally from brooklyn, NY...right now residing in suburban NJ...and I definitely don't miss the traffic. :D Problem is there are stupid drivers wherever you go...here, I just need to worry about deer too :wink:

Oh, and pepperell...i envy you. I lived in san jose for about 4 years...I miss driving 280, los gatos(in the hills), sausolito's kinda nice, and of course 1 along the coast. You definitely have some unbelievable roads right out your front door.

·
Registered
8 Posts
little town in ma

Hi pepperell,

I always wondered about your username, but since you are in San Fran, I figured there must've been some other rationale behind the name.

You see, I built a house in Pepperell, MA and have now been a resident for almost 2 years. I'm near Dr Davis' ice cream stand, if you remember that place...

I work in Acton, about 17 miles away, and am having a blast riding my '02 SVS to and from work via the backroads.

Regards,

Dan W.

F

·
0 Posts
\"Pepperell\"

Live in the \"woods\" (Santa Cruz Mts.) None of your poll choices fit. And I think that we have some of the best roads in the country for motorcycle riding. Some take time to get to and some require riding during the \"off peak\" seasons, but turn for turn they are hard to beat!!! And I am not a native Californian...

Harold

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
guess farm was a little broad

see updated poll. i totally agree with you about roads around here. you're even luckier that they are almost just outside your front door. that's how it used to be for me. i just feel like there are a finite number of roads to explore around here. and like you said, most of the good ones are very well known. these are basically just lame excuses because i really need to get out there and explore more. i just hate riding for a long way and finding that the road kinda sucks and i get to look forward to fighting traffic the whole way home.

i need to go on a group ride one of these days. i can't really follow the norcal SV posting as i get them delayed about 24 hrs. i wish they'd set up some kind of forum like this one instead of that mailing list. guess i should just look for ride outs here.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I live in a small town that's more rural than suburb, but it's kind of both.
Having lived in and around the city I can really appreciate where I live now. It doesn't take me very long to get to some really nice riding areas.
Hey svslerxst, living in Acton, have you ever been to Moto Market before? It's a neat little shop and it's a good ride from my home in Northern CT.

Wow! I just looked at the original posting date. How/why did this pop up now?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Crappy Houston traffic. Downtown, suburbs, roads, dirt roads, trains, etc... This place is all jacked up, the traffic here just blows period. You also gotta love the lack of trees in this concrete jungle. I was stuck in Friday traffic for an hour and a half and I still was not home yet. Stop-n-go, bumper to bumper my neck felt like stone(HJC CL-14 helmet) when I got home. Not doing that again. :p Damn, U Houston... Damn you!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts