Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
I like it better than the BMW GS's. Hopefully it's reliability will match that of the GS. I've always wanted a GS, but thought boxer engines looked a little out of place.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I dunno, it looks like a regular XB12R with a motocross-style front fender and knobby tires and not much else. I'd rock that thing on the street, but I think of neither "off-road" nor "touring" when I hear the word Buel. I competitor to the GS? Probably not. A badass street-oriented bike with supermoto flair? indeed...

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
At almost 12 grand you can keep it. For that price you could have a BMW or KTM, or a you could buy a Vstrom AND a KLR650.

M

·
0 Posts
tonyjuliano said:
At almost 12 grand you can keep it. For that price you could have a BMW or KTM, or a you could buy a Vstrom AND a KLR650.
+1 - I'd go Beem or KTM

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Perfect direction for Buell.

Harley's market gets older with every year. That means they are in deep shit when those people get too old to buy bikes. This new Buell is more upright and roomier, it's geared more towards touring and some offroad capability - perfect the slightly younger buyer that likes the Harley mill and American hertiage, but wants something more peppy than a fat boy.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
ValValline said:
I like it, but I'd take a Strom first.

Now a Buell with a V-Rod powerplant... That I would own.
It's been discussed, and Buell doesn't want to do it. The V-Rod power plant is too heavy and doesn't have enough potential.

I think (and this is somewhat of an educated guess) that Buell is waiting a bit to get some more customers under it's belt 'til it developes a unique power plant.

If I had the money, I think I'd be all over a Ulysses.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I see people are already calling it the Useless. I think it is pretty funny. The belt drive on a "DS" bike looks like it would be asking for trouble. It is cool in sort of a "Why?" way.

Nice that they are evolving, but I still don't understand. I'll seriously look at a Buell as soon as they get rid of that engine. I'd take a cheaper Strom anyday.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
I like it.. in a sick and sadistic way... but for the money, I'd rather buy something better... A GS for example or the KTM 990 Adventure. For a "dirt" oriented bike, why the 17's????

I like the direction of Buell... they just need something else. something different. Like the City X, but more/better/different.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Ruefus said:
I dunno....Seems like a big Supermoto with bags.
Seems like a great sport touring bike to me :).

If you take a closer look, it looks like much of the belt drive is covered with a plastic shroud - that should keep dirt, sand, and rocks out of there pretty well.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Vstrom

The Vstrom has got to be the ugliest thing on two wheels, I hate those things. The BMW GS bikes are physically very large bikes. That Buell may be a better choice for someone smaller.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Re: Vstrom

Jiff84 said:
The Vstrom has got to be the ugliest thing on two wheels, I hate those things. The BMW GS bikes are physically very large bikes. That Buell may be a better choice for someone smaller.
Any anyone wanting a bike that doesn't weigh 500+ pounds with way too many electronic gadgets.

·
Registered
122 Posts
The small GS is getting a twin engine soon!

(P.S. Hi , first post)

·
Registered
836 Posts
I like it...I think it fits somewhere inbetween the Ducati Multistrada and the KTM as far as where it stands in the spectrum of versatile bikes.

It has the road manners, medium travel suspension, comfortable position, and luggage options that the multistrada has...yet can off road to a reasonable if not amazing extent.

That being said, I can't imagine touring on a bike that annoyingly vibey...I think I would have developed carpal tunnel within the first few hundred miles.

·
site supporter
6,095 Posts
That underslung exhaust isn't made for rock-bashing.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts