Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend had his Honda VTX1800 in the shop for new fork seals while he had shoulder surgury. So, I rode his bike home for him. What a big mother! Weighs about 800 LBS and handles like a dog! 1800cc V-twin though! You crack the throttle and it does move! Just thought I would share that it REALLY makes me appreciate the way the SV rides and handels!

·
Registered
9 Posts
you should ride one with pipes, and power commander. I have done alot of those. You think they run good stock, they wake up big time. But, I prefer a Yamaha Road Star Warrior with same mods, lighter, and faster.

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
a buddy had a 1800 with a hypercharger/power commander and some loudass vance and hines pipes, it was great in a straight line but alot of work in the corners

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
my dad's got the VTX 1800.

me and my brother were taking turns riding it around, we both got the front wheel to pop up ;D

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've got a friend in AZ. Her dad has a VTX1800, actually the 3rd one that came to the U.S. I've ridden it a few times and I love the thing. I guess he helped design the hypercharger for some company and has custom built exhaust utilizing a pipe that looks just like a cobra sidepipe.
The thing's a blast in the mountains and has more than enough oomph! He's also got a Superhawk that I normally grab up first and he's wheelied past me quite a few times rolling from the stop lights.
Hell, I would love to have one, if it weren't for the sticker price. I'm just broke.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This bike is an 2003 I think and it does have the pipes and PC on it. It moves in a straight line, but ya the corners suck! Too loud too! Way more noise than any SV I've ever heard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts