Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i keep seeing this commercial for the Civic where they drive down this road and the people in the car can hear a tune made from the tires going over a set of grooves cut into the road at a highly specific width and spacing.

My question is has anyone tried it on their bike? I am trying to figure out exactly where it is also, i read on a page that they had to move it because the people that lived in the area said it made too much news, but looked around a little and couldn't find where they moved it. I think it is still in Lancaster, CA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI2MFvOC94A&feature=PlayList&p=431A700F86024603&index=6

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
About twenty years ago, someone gave me a mylar balloon for my birthday. Taped to it was a strip of plastic about 18" long that looked just like a large zip-tie. When you ran your thumbnail over the plastic strip, it would resonate into the mylar balloon and it said "Happy Birthday". You could mess with it by going slower or faster. It was the neatest little deal and I've never seen one since.

The exact same principle was in play just as the road cuts in that commercial.

Ever since that day I was given that balloon, I wanted to see that technology applied to road ways. Out here in California, they use a skinny strip like that on the edge of the road to warn drivers as they begin to drift off the road. It doesn't talk or play a tune though. I've always thought it would be awesome to program into those cuts something like "Warning" or "Wake Up". I was just day dreaming about it yesterday while on a long drive home from the SF Bay area as I touched the boring strip on the edge of the road. Then it dawned on me....if the road said something when you hit that line, could you imagine the number of people, myself included, that would be constantly testing the technology?!! :roflmao:

I still think it would be cool!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Just found this....

http://www.musicalroad.net/

And this is the address exactly...

3315 W Avenue G, Lancaster, CA 93536