Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Icon primer tankbag from Newenough.com just got here. I'm pretty excited about it.

I thought i'd share. :)

Fixed

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
You sux at teh interweb

·
Registered
1 Posts
how much gear can you stow in the bag, ive seen them and i like them just dont know how much stuff i can put in there.???

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
I had one till it got destroyed by my back tire but it held allot and the backpack strap did make it a very niffy clip on and walk away with it feature.

:)

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah its pretty nice, i haven't had a chance to really stuff it full of anything but it seems like it'll do exactly what I need it for.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Been looking at small tank bags. I just want to hold some water maybeb a small snack and some of the basics so i can keep things out of the pockets. Would it hold that??? can you post some pics with it on the bike??? and what you can fit in there??? Looks as good bag for riding in the canyons and just getting around.

Alex

·
Registered
51 Posts
BE CAREFUL WITH TANK BAGS!!!! They do not scratch themselves but they pick up debri in the magnet which if you neglect checking the magnets before you put it on/slide it off, WILL SCRATCH THE PAINT. I learned this the hard way with my ICON tank bag on my Ninja 250.

Never just pull the bag off, lift the magnets off.

Just some advice I wish I got.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
BE CAREFUL WITH TANK BAGS!!!! They do not scratch themselves but they pick up debri in the magnet which if you neglect checking the magnets before you put it on/slide it off, WILL SCRATCH THE PAINT. I learned this the hard way with my ICON tank bag on my Ninja 250.

Never just pull the bag off, lift the magnets off.

Just some advice I wish I got.
Here let me help you with that.

That was my old Primer Tank bag before it was shredded to death. :(

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Been looking at small tank bags. I just want to hold some water maybeb a small snack and some of the basics so i can keep things out of the pockets. Would it hold that??? can you post some pics with it on the bike??? and what you can fit in there??? Looks as good bag for riding in the canyons and just getting around.

Alex
This tank bag seems a bit big for that. I'd look at Joe Rocket Manta tank bag. It's big enough for a small bottle of water, wallet/keys/phone, mini tripod, and other small stuff. Cant even notice it's there when riding...

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
If you're looking for a smaller bag, there's also the cortech super mini.

That icon the op posted is a good bag, especially for the price. Nice find!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll post up pics this afternoon of it on my bike. I did a ride around town yesterday with it on and barely knew it was there. I got it because i want to keep my wallet, phone, water, and a small kit (I'm a EMT) for Mountain rides just in case, Plus stuff like my camera and if I want to go on a longer rides it'd be something for me to lean on so I don't get tired. The back pack part of it is nice and its also small enough that if i had another bag it wouldn't be a stretch to either attach it to the other bag of inside of it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
This tank bag seems a bit big for that. I'd look at Joe Rocket Manta tank bag. It's big enough for a small bottle of water, wallet/keys/phone, mini tripod, and other small stuff. Cant even notice it's there when riding...

I got a Manta because I wasn't sure I'd like a tank bag and I just wanted to carry a few small items. Now I can't live without it but I've found it's to small for my needs. I'm always trying to put just a little too much in it so I think I'm gonna get the new MantaXL.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah a spare visor fits nicely. You have to flex it a little but not so much that it is going to permanently damage it.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
I'll post up pics this afternoon of it on my bike.
Mine in 2006 at the rally, it's really not that big and it's soft sides allows it to become much flatter then any other tank or tail bag.

:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts