Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased one of the holeshot wind screens? http://www.holeshot.com/ It isthe screen that looks just like a screen from a stock Buell. If so what do you htink of it? Fitment, quality, construction, etc... Also did you have yours painted b/c I am not ridding around with a black unpainted one? If so did you have to get a shop to do it, get a shop to mix up the correct paint color, and how much did you spend in total. I assumed you could buy color matched spray paints but have since found out otherwise. I only paint I can get from Suziki is frame paint for the motocross bikes and it is $31 a can and you have to buy clearcoat at $31 a can also.

V

·
0 Posts
I had one on my '01 until I broke it when I high-sided back it may.

Fit, finish, and construction are top-notch. Installation was simple, Dale includes these little rubber expansion grommets which isolate vibration.

I painted mine to match the bike. I bought paint from Color-Rite and had the local body shop do it right.

I highly recommend it if you're going for that kind of look.

D

·
0 Posts
Hi Kevin

We made a brand new mold recently so the latest fly screen has a rolled edge for a perfect half circle around the headlight rim, no rubber molding needed any longer.

I also extended the edges a little to cover the brackets a bit more.

The brackets are stainless not painted steel and so are the button head allens that bolt it up.

We are backed up on them at the time though so it may be 2 to 4 weeks to get one once you get your order in, so you may want to soon.

My current fiber glass guy builds 917 Porche body's and other cars they made like 5 of in the world. He is a buddy from my dirt bike days so he does these as a small sideline for me. The glass quality is super good.

They come right out of the mold looking pretty nice and some guys run them as is , but they are intended to be painted really.

Cheers Dale :)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys. I have been wanting one for awhile now. I like the look and often choose to lay down on my tank to get away form the wind especially on my work commute and was hoping the sheild would give he a little wind protection. I have a givi sheild but it looked like %$#@ and I only had it b/c I got it free with the bike. Dale is your buddy involved with the new Beck Porsche 917? I love that kit car.

D

·
0 Posts
No sure what the name of the car team is now that my buddy Dave is working on Kevin. He is making a whole new body and new molds at this time. Bruce Canepa is building this one and his shop is near by. I know him as well since we both are from the same town.

I do know Dave has cars one at a time like a factory GM 1963 split window Corvette named a Grand Sport . This is the one the factory raced in the day.

Every time I go pick up a few screens its some new car a Ba zillionare owns they want like brand new again. Many times Dave will build a whole new set of molds and a complete body.

The guy is that good

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts